Chapter 5

You turned up the volume as high as you could on your headphones, trying to block out the yelling. Jesus, Papyrus really IS loud. It had been a few days since the brothers moved in next door, and honestly, it was pretty bad.

They were way too noisy and loud for your likes. You almost considered calling your previous neighbours and begging them to move back. Almost.

Almost two nights ago, the police arrived at their door and explained that someone had filed a complaint due to the noise. Papyrus obviously lost it, while Sans just 'tried (and by tried, you mean he leaned against the wall just allowing it to happen)' to intervene. Eventually you couldn't take it and walked over to their house and apologised to the policemen for them, telling them that they were good friends of yours, how they truly didn't mean to cause a ruckus and how Papyrus genuinely spoke at the top of his non existent lungs.

The police officer shot you a skeptical look, but shrugged it off and returned to his vehicle. Papyrus scowled at the car as they drove off, about to start raging about the officers here before you cut him off. You looked inside the house to see Sans dozed off while leaning against the wall, a small lazy grin still plastered on his skull.

You shook your head and directed your attention back to Papyrus. You advised him to be a bit quieter and to try and not yell all the time.

"UH, R-RIGHT.... ER, T-THANK YOU HUM- I MEAN UH... Y/N.." Papyrus yelled, yet near the end of his statement, his tone of voice suddenly got quiet. Your eyes twitched for a second before shrugging your shoulders.

Welp, guess there's no such thing as 'whispering' in this guys dictionary. You bid them goodbye and headed back to your property.

A moment later, after you had left, Sans shot an eye socket open, staring off at where you once stood.

A dark shadow began to cover the skeleton, causing a sweat to trickle down Sans' skull.

"UNBE-FUCKING-LIEVABLE! WE HAVEN'T BEEN IN THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD FOR AT LEAST A WEEK AND WE'VE ALREADY RECEIVED A COMPLAINT. THESE HUMANS ARE SO AGGRAVATING - HONESTLY." Papyrus complained, starting to pace in the hallway.

Sans saw this as an opportunity to get away from his brother, as he could clearly tell that he was rather annoyed and not in the mood for his bullshit.

As he attempted to slowly walk away, he got pulled back by the hood of his hoodie.

"Oi! What the fuck are you doing, watch it!" Sans snapped, yanking his hood back from his younger brother's tight grasp. This remark only caused for Papyrus' face to turn darker.

"AND YOU, YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT, YOU JUST STOOD THERE AND ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN! YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO HELP!"

Sans rolled his pupils, already growing tired of his brother's lecture. He knew where this was going. He wondered if he could teleport to his room without his brother noticing. No, that would never work - Papyrus may be a little oblivious but he wasn't stupid.

"..... YOU JUS- SANS, DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING THAT I SAID?! OH STARS, TALKING TO YOU IS LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL!" He groaned, slapping his forehead.

"Heh, well boss, I guess your lectures really brick up my ears!" Sans burst out into a fit of laughter while Papyrus started screaming.

"NYAHHHH! ENOUGH WITH YOUR PITIFUL, ANNOYING JOKES! ONE, I DO NOT LECTURE YOU SANS, I AM TRYI-"

"Alright, then what's it called then, boss?" Sans asked, his grin expanding.

The younger brother's skull was practically turning bright red slowly.