Chapter 3

Sans POV:

"SANS!"

A shiver was sent down my spine, sweat running down the back of my neck.

'For fuck's sake, I can never have a day to myself to relax.'

I rolled my pupils as I got out of my seat. I felt a pair of eyes watch me. I sighed, and turned to face Y/n. They stared uneasily at me, and opened their mouth to say something. Before they could say anything, I interrupted them.

"Stay here." I hissed, earning a scoff out of them. I walked to the front of the diner to confront my brother. Just as I had expected, he wore the same angered scowl that he did majority of the time. I rubbed my temples.

Wonder what I did wrong this time.

"SANS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" He yelled. I would've winced at the tone of his voice like everyone else in the diner, but may I remind you: I live with this. I put up with this daily.

I considered responding back with a snarky and sarcastic comment, but the thought of recieving another punishment didn't sound too appealing.

At least not today. And he already seemed pissed. Who knows what he'd do if I pushed him off the edge. It had happened at least once or twice, and it wasn't something I was willing to risk.

"H-hey boss, just came to chill out, get a drink." I said nervously, placing my hands in the pockets of my incredibly oversized jacket. Boss glared at me as he exhaled, bringing his hands to his hips.

"SANS. I ONLY ASKED YOU TO DO ONE THING. ONE THING. I ASKED YOU TO START PACKING UP SOME OF THE BELONGINGS IN THE HOUSE, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!" He slapped his forehead in anger.

"UNBELIEVABLE. WHAT HAVE YOU ACTUALLY DONE TODAY?!"

"Hey, I've done a ton of work today. A Skele-ton-" Suddenly, boss extended his hand to grasp ahold the top of my red turtle neck and dragged me closer to him.

"IF I HEAR, ONE MORE RETCHED PUN, I'LL MAKE SURE TO PLACE ONE ON YOUR TOMBSTONE. GOT IT?" He snarled.

I nodded quickly. Ok, maybe not the best move.

"S-sorry boss!" Boss didn't look too appealed with my apology and instead tightened his grip. I shot him a nervously grin, feeling it starting to falter. After a couple of moments, he released his grip on my shirt and sighed.

"WELL, SINCE YOU DIDN'T DO IT EARLIER, YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT NOW. GET YOUR ASS BACK TO THE HOUSE!"

My eyes widened slightly. Work, wonderful. Why is it that when I want to sit on my ass and relax, I'm not even permitted to do that.

Shit, the kid. How exactly am I supposed to go back to them without my brother being skeptical? My brother had made it perfectly clear that there was to be no interaction with the human kind unless absolutely necessary. He would lose his mind if he found out that I had been hanging around one.

I took a deep breath, and nodded sheepishly. Hopefully the kid won't take it the wrong way. W-wait! Who cares if they do? Besides, they owe me! I wasted my time, keeping them company only to have my ass kicked for it. Who do they think they are?!

I scoffed quietly. Boss raised an area that was supposed to be where his eyebrow is, but soon after shrugged it off and motioned for the door. I sighed, and made my way outside.

I inhaled and pulled out my phone. I felt sweat start to dribble down my neck as I felt my jaw drop. My notifications were filled by unread texts and missed calls from boss, telling me that I need to get home now or I'll be sorry. Crap, how'd I not feel the vibration coming from my phone? Guess I got distracted.

Welp, my head's going to be on a pike when I get home.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk-

The doors abruptly opened behind me, slightly startling me. Boss looked at me, his smirk filled with amusement, before gesturing to the car.

"HURRY UP, LET'S GO CHICKEN GUTS." I felt my face heat up as I ran over the words in my head.

"I AM NOT A CHICKEN GUTS!" I yelled, annoyed by his claim. I quickly followed after him, and approached the passenger side of the car.

Boss rolled his pupils hysterically, as he unlocked the car, taking his seat. "HAH, COULD'VE FOULED ME." I groaned, as I grouchily took my seat and slammed the door tight behind me. Then it dawned on me, why were we even packing? Surely boss hadn't found a house yet, had he? I coughed awkwardly, trying to tone down the tension that was in the car.

"So uh, why exactly are we packing boss?" Boss groaned, hitting his head on the steering wheel.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SANS, YOU HAVE A BRAIN, WHY DON'T YOU BOTHER USING IT FOR A CHANGE?!" He shouted before inhaling. (pretty sure he doesn't....unless-)

"THE AUCTION THAT WE WERE AT EARLIER THIS MORNING,"

"THEY THOUGHT THAT OUR PAYMENT WOULD SUIT THEM PERFECTLY."

Realising what he meant, my grin expanded further.

Oh, now this was going to be interesting,

Wonder how sweetheart's going to handle the news.

Can't wait to see my little doll and their little reaction~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this mini chapter.

I didn't want to write a long chapter, just a small summary about what Papyrus and Sans were talking about.

But anyways, thank you for reading.