Chapter 1

Alright, let's rewind for a bit. If I'm going to spill this story, then I have to spill it right. Let's go back to my high school years, because that backstory is pretty crucial for you to understand where Ayola comes from.

Growing up, my parental figures were basically the staff at home and my grandparents. My actual parents always had better things to do than being parents to me and my big brother, Aphiwe. We're not the best of friends, but my big brother has been more of a father than my actual father ever was. Have you ever had a parent you were literally afraid of? I don't mean in the sense of respect, but as in you're literally terrified of them because you just don't know them like that. My relationship with my father is so bad that when he walks into the lounge, I walk out because I'm terrified of him.

My parents never created a safe space for us where we could go to them for pretty much anything and everything kids should be able to go to their parents for. They've always been busy with whatever other work they have going on. It's so bad I don't even know what my father does for a living other than the fact that he has businesses, and my mom is a medical oncologist. So yeah, she's just as busy as my father.

Now, if you know Durban as well as I do, then you know it's this small little dome where everyone pretty much knows each other, and if not, then someone you know probably knows someone you don't know yet. Bottom line is that this city is just small, and when you're Mr. Majola's daughter... well, everyone knows you, and your news travels faster than the speed of lightning.

Today is another one of those days where I sit outside the principal's office, waiting for my parents to arrive and decide my fate. It seems to be the only way I'm able to get their attention anyway. Her six-inch heels are the first thing I hear, the sharp click-clack echoing through the hallway, a prelude to her arrival. I raise my eyes and see her. Amanda strides towards me, her presence a storm contained within a flawless exterior. Her hair is styled in a neat bun, each strand meticulously tamed, emphasizing the elegant curve of her neck and the chiseled structure of her face. Her eyes, dark and intense, flash with a barely contained anger, but her expression remains serene, a masterclass in control.

She wears Tom Ford Padlock 105mm leather sandals, the black calf leather hugging her feet with an air of sophistication. Each step is a deliberate declaration of her authority, the padlock detail gleaming ominously under the hallway lights. Her sandals are paired with a black Dolce & Gabbana corset-style midi dress. The cotton-silk blend fabric clings to her figure, drawing attention to her curves with its gathered detailing. The sweetheart neckline and sleeveless design highlight her sculpted shoulders and arms, while the knee-length cut balances elegance with a hint of allure.

In one hand, Amanda carries a Versace La Medusa handbag. The black leather is sleek, understated, but the Medusa head embellishment adds a fierce touch of luxury. Whether draped over her shoulder or held firmly in her grip, this cross-body satchel is a perfect accessory, blending practicality with high fashion. Her outfit is the epitome of power and poise, a striking contrast to the simmering anger in her eyes.

Despite the rage that flickers within her, Amanda's face remains calm, a mask of composed determination. Her lips, painted a deep ruby red, are pressed into a firm line, revealing nothing of the tempest beneath. Her high cheekbones catch the light, accentuating the flawless symmetry of her features. She is a picture of grace under pressure, every detail of her appearance meticulously curated to project strength and control.

Her arrival is a performance, each click of her heels on the polished floor a reminder of her dominance. Amanda doesn't just walk; she commands the space around her, every movement calculated and precise. Her presence is both intimidating and mesmerizing, a testament to her ability to maintain a calm exterior while a storm rages within. As she approaches, I can already feel the principal's resolve weakening. Amanda's poised demeanor, combined with the intensity of her anger, makes her a force to be reckoned with.