2 | Radioactive Rat Zombies

Adrien's P.O.V

"...Get out of here?" I asked, not understanding what he meant.

"As in, sure, the boys' bathroom is lovely and all but they're about to close the school in a minute, so I'd suggest we get out of here before they lock us in here," he explained.

But it was too late.

There was a loud 'click' sound as the janitor locked the bathroom door. Luka and I rushed up to the door, banging on it and trying the handle multiple times, but the janitor didn't hear us. Curse his airpods.

We turned slowly, looking at each other as if it was just sinking in. We were locked inside the boys bathroom. How were we going to get out?

"Oh no," said Luka, with a hint of amusement in his tone. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You don't seem too worried," I observed.

"Well, there's no point in panicking. It is what is, I guess. We're trapped in here," he stated.

I guess he was right.

"My father will go nuts. If I don't come to school the day after tomorrow, just know that he's killed me," I tell Luka seriously.

He laughed again, bending over slightly, with his hands gripping his sides. His laugh was light, but deep at the same time. Almost... regal.

"I'm serious!" I protested, "This might be my last full day on Earth!"

"...I thought you were a ghost though?" he said mockingly, before bursting into laughter yet again.

"Well you like to laugh a lot, don't you," I stated dryly.

He nodded and said, "Well, if this is your last day on Earth, let's make it enjoyable."

I tilted my head to the side, not quite understanding what he was saying. How could we make being locked in the boys' bathroom enjoyable? ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you catch my drift).

"I know, let's play some games," he said seriously.

Now it was a my turn to laugh. Until I noticed he wasn't laughing along with me. Then I stopped abruptly.

"You're actually serious. We're locked in a bathroom but you want us to play games?" I clarified.

He nodded, then sat down on the bathroom floor, patting the space beside him and motioning for me to sit down. I'm pretty sure Plagg had gone into hiding, because I felt that he wasn't in my shirt anymore.

"...On the floor? Maybe it's the model in me, but I don't want to sit on the floor, Luka," I huffed, crossing my arms.

He didn't say anything; he just took of his blue hoodie and layed it on the space next to him, before motioning that I could sit on his hoodie.

I obliged, crossing my legs and turning to face him.

"What game should we play then?" I asked.

"20 questions. Straightforward and easy."

"Okay," I said.

"Okay," he replied.

"Well I guess that's okay then," I told him.

"Yeah, that's okay then," he parroted.

"Okay, so—"

"Are we going to play the game or not?" he interrupted.

I scratched the back of my head before admitting, "I don't know how this game works."

He gaped at me.

"You don't know how 20 questions works? Haven't you— I— Okay. We're just asking each other questions in turns. So you'll ask me ten questions, and I'll ask you ten questions. You can go first. Got it?"

I nodded, cheeks coloring slightly.

"Um, how many siblings do you have?" I asked, not really sure what else I could ask him about.

"I have a little sister named Juleka," he replied.

"Oh! You're Juleka's older brother," I exclaimed, "She mentioned she had one but I'd never seen you before."

"I take it you're in Juleka's class?"

"Naturally," I answered, trying and failing to flip my hair. Luka laugh good-naturedly.

"Okay, er, hmmm. What subjects did you get a B in?" he questioned.

My face darkened for a moment before answering, "Chemistry and Home Ec. I get the Home Economics one, I can't bake to save my life, but I was pretty sure I was doing well in Chemistry, so getting a B was quite a blow to me."

He nodded before saying, "You do realise that most people would be overjoyed to have two B's and infinite A's?"

"Eh well. I'm a special guy, aren't I," I said jokingly.

"Yes, you seem to be," he muttered, thinking I hadn't heard.

I disregarded his comment because I wasn't entirely sure what he meant by that.

"My turn. Do you play any instruments?" I asked.

He said he played the guitar.

And before we knew it, questions were flying back and forth, getting crazier and crazier until Luka asked, "In the case of a radioactive rat-zombie attack, do you join the side of the crab-apple-eating power mice or the vengeful paint-drinking otters?"

I thought for a while about that one. The mice would lack size but have power, which was something they would need to defeat the rat-zombies. But otters had their size - they were bigger than rats and mice, and they had ambition. ...But if they were drinking paint, it was clear they had no real intelligence and would be using sheer force alone to defeat the rat-zombies.

"The zombies don't have brains right?" I asked, just to make sure. Luka nodded.

If they didn't have brains, it meant they could be outsmarted easily. That meant I could choose the otters or the mice. They'd both have a high chance of winning.

This was hard.

"I'd get the otters to start talking to the mice in order to form an alliance, so they would join forces and defeat the rat-zombies together," I decided finally.

"But what if they refused to co-operate? Then what?" he wondered.

"The mice would bribe them with paint of course. If they are paint drinkers I guarantee they wouldn't even have the smarts to resist the mice. There's no way those rat-zombies are surviving."

He laughed his beautiful laugh, and told me that it was an intelligent answer.

"You're right," he commented dryly, "Those radioactive rat-zombies don't stand a chance."

A/N: the end is random af but I like it lol.

Isn't this a nice edit? It was made by creamey_

😊👏🗿