16 | Mr. Butter Pecan

Gabriel's P.O.V

"The basement? How did you—" I begin.

"You're not as super-sleuth as you think. I don't know what you do down there but I know you go down there a lot," he snarls.

I rolled my eyes at him. He had already lost, so I didn't mind him being salty. Instead, I looked to Dorian, who looked as confused as I did.

"Call the cops," I told him.

He nodded, about to leave the room so he could get his phone, which was in his jacket. He always left it in his jacket.

"Oh and Dorian?" I stopped him.

"Yes?"

"Tell them to bring a few bobby pins."

He raised a brow, "You don't have any bobby pins in your house?"

His expression was incredulous and he looked like he wanted to laugh. I gave him a glare and repeated, "Just call the fucking cops."

+++

Adrien's P.O.V

I was tired, even though I had literally all the time in the world to sleep. I was about to give up and close my eyes when I heard multiple people coming down to the basement.

It took me a while, but in the half-light of the room I managed to make out four figures - a plump man with ginger hair and a blue cap on, my father, a man with black hair and green eyes, and Luka.

Luka...

They all ran towards me at the same time, asking me questions about whether I was okay, what hurt, how long I'd been down here... The works.

It was only then that I felt the urge to just sleep. And so I did.

+++

When I woke up, I instantly knew that I was in a hospital. Luka was conversing with a nurse, but he stopped when he realised I was awake. The nurse nodded and left the room. Luka sat at the foot of the bed.

I wasn't in that cold, dark, place anymore. Luka was here. I slowly lifted my finger to his cheek, checking if he was real.

He was. As skin met with skin, I felt a lightning current flow through my body. I felt, no, I knew, that I was home.

"Do you remember anything?" he asked. His voice was as soft as cotton candy, and just as delicious to listen to.

I did. I remembered everything but the sound of his voice instantly took me to cloud nine, and it felt like I was just riding away.

But I also remembered being trapped, being hit, being starved, being depressed, and finally, being found. I tentatively looked up at Luka.

"Thanks," was the first thing I said to him after two weeks.

"For what?"

He genuinely looked confused, like there was nothing I should be thanking him for.

"For recognizing that Félix wasn't me," I explained.

He sighed and smiled, his eyes telling me that he was glad he was here with me. It was then that my father entered the room, along with another man that I didn't recognize.

+++

Gabriel's P.O.V

Adrien was hurt. His ankle was sprained, and the nurses had told me it would hurt to walk. He was talking to his boyfriend, but he looked up when Dorian and I came in.