Sweet Sixteen and Movie Date

Freya's POV

I'd smiled at Hannah, Morna and Grace as I blew out the candle on the small, cheap cake. Sixteen.

Sweet sixteen, it was meant to be. The only things that had been sweet on my birthday were my family's and friend's smiles, and the sugar filled icing on the cake.

I closed my eyes. Thought back to when I wished for me and Evan to be together, happy. Two whole years ago. Now, there is so much to wish for--I didn't know where to start! Should I wish that we have a more successful future? That Grace resists the temptation of alchohol? That Evan, Josh and Pete are happy and have moved on and found a singer? That Kyle gets over his need for drinks? That I am happy? Wishing for myself seemed selfish. In the end, I thought to myself: I wish that one day, every homeless person and person who needs something, not wants, gets it.

It wasn't enough, and probably won't ever work, but it was worth a shot. My eyes fluttered open to the expectant faces of what I have come to consider as family.

"Well?" they questioned eagerly. "What did you wish for?"

I concealed my angst with a tap of the nose. "Now, that would be telling," I winked.

Evan's POV

I smile as I glance in the mirror one last time. Clean jeans and a fresh T-shirt with my cleanest converse makes a pretty smart outfit. I leave my curls and bounce down stairs. As I jog past her, Becky says: "Excited for the first date there Ev? Soon we'll bring out the baby pictures!"

I glare at her playfully. "You dare Becks!" I grin, tieing a lace. "Anyway, I'm actually pretty nervous... Wha-"

"Nah, you'll be cool." My older sister ruffles my hair, pulling a curl and letting it spring back into place. I shake my head quickly, angrily. I hate it when people do that. Becky shoots me a look out the corner of her eye. It is a concerned look, but there is something else there too.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

I nod.

"Ya sure?"

"Yes... Should I be?" I give her a strange look.

Just then the doorbell rings, Dr. Feelgood jingling through the hall. I smile--Dr. Feelgood rocks man, but Becky groans and disapears upstairs.

I meet Monica at the door and lead her to my new car. It is just an old Toyota, third hand, but it works. Plus, it's RED! That has to count for something, right?

We go for a nice, same-y date at the cinema, and Monica wants to see a new Twilight film. I inwardly cringe--I think that Twilight is the stupidest thing since 1D. But, I'm a gentleman, what can I say. I suffer through and hour and a halfs worth of torture in silence, enduring the confessions and airheads.

When the movie stops, we go for a quick meal at the diner near-by. She orders a burger, which I suppose redeems her a few points--at least she eats!

I take her home and walk her to the door of her small, semi-detached home.

"So... Tonight was good, huh?" she nods a confirmation, blushing.

"Well, I enjoyed it," adding in my head 'except the whole film'. "Shall we do it again sometime?" I say.

"S-sure!" she stammers. I quickly peck her lips, and her cheeks burn bright red.

"Night."

Later, when I'm home, Mam comes in. Dad is shutting down the record shop.

"Hey sweetie!" she smiles.

"Hey mam!" I smile back.

"You okay?" she asks, concern in her eyes.

I nod, confused. Why does everyone keep asking me that?

"Good..." she gets up to leave.

"Wait, mam... Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why'd you ask?"

She looks at me.

"Ev, today was Freya's birthday."

Ooooooooooh Evan... How are you going to react? Excitement... How were your Christmases? Mine was great, but didn't feel very Christmasey.
What do you think of it? ^^^^^
Spot any mistakes? Do you like Monica? Nicer than you expected or not? Picture of topless Pete there. Don't ask how I got that ;).
Vote and comment guys, 1.18K reads. Love y'all. Byee xx