Problems, Grace and The View

Freyas POV

We easily settled into a routine at Hannah's house. She quickly made us feel at home, despite the fact that she was so busy juggling four jobs that she was barely in the house. When she was in the house, though, she was the nicest person I could be around. She would make sure that I was happy--which I often wasn't.

Looking back, I should have realised sooner that Grace wouldn't cope well. When she started ignoring me, I should have realised that she was trying to ignore her responsabilities. Now it is easy to see how much pressure she was putting on herself, now that I understand her better.

When she came in to Hannah's house one day smelling funny, me and Morna thought nothing of it. However, when we found the stash of alchohol in a cupboard, we confronted her.

In the end, she went to a local rehab place, a cheap one located in a run down building that provided anonamous garrentee. Me and Morna decided to go too, just in case Grace thought that she knew best. If you know what I mean.

When we arrived, in our cleanest outfits (but not the emergency ones!) we were sent up to the second floor, a dusty, dimly lit room with bare walls, where four people were reclining in plastic chairs.

Only one caught my eye.

He was leaning back as far as he could on his chair, its two legs that were still on the floor wobbling dangerously. His dark shades slid down his nose and clattered on the dusty floorboards. With a cheeky smile, he tilted even further back, stretching out an arm to reach them, when--he fell to the floor in a awkward heap. Grinning, he sprung up, waving his glasses around and saying something rapidly in a Scottish accent, and resumed his former position, swinging on his chair whilst tapping a foot.

"Shut up Kyle!" the man to his right hissed, also in a Scottish accent, although not so quickly--I could understand this one! Just as Kyle was about to slip off his chair again, the door swung open with a bang. Kyle winced at the loud sound, his chair snapping back to the floor and his hands flying to his temples. Looked like Grace wasn't the worst drinker in the room. A tall lady strolled in, introducing herself as Margeret Gregorson, but you may call me Mags or Maggy.

She did not look like a Maggy. I thought I'd stick with Mrs. Gregorson. She briskly instructed us to make a circle around her with our chairs, and anyone who wasn't here for rehab to get out the circle and stand against the wall.

At the end of the session, we'd learnt that there were only three people there for rehab. Kyle's friend (who was called Kieran) was there for the same reason we were, and the other guys friend (Miles) was there for his friend. We all knew the other guy. Miles' friend was Alex Turner--the singer, guitar player and rock star. Unfortunately, he didn't talk much, and we never saw him again.

We had been talking to Kieran, and knew that he and Kyle were in a band called The View, who were all Scottish. They were from Dundee, and had been kicked out of all the other rehabilisation places near by. When asked what for, he smirked and said: "If you knew Kyle, you wouldn't ask that."

Apparently, he'd been banned from Premier Inns all across Europe, as he flooded an entire hotel once. He was banned from Japan for drug abuse, and had his Visa taken off him at the moment. I wasn't sure why--I was still hung up over Kieran telling me that Kyle'd once slapped a police man--with a fish! Then, he told me, they'd payed the police off with magic mushrooms.

By the time we left, my head was buzzing with crazy tales and Kierans number was in my phone (a cheapy from a closing shop).

I could barely sleep that night with excitement. For the first time in a year and a bit, I had forgotten about Evan.

So, whatcha think? Still no comments :( guys you are making me sad. Christmas shopping yesterday. So tired! Do you like our new friends? Wanna see more of them? We are beating 'aint no honetown girl' so THANK YOU ALL!!! mwah. Xx
Not gone yet. I want comments! Also, please listen to The View. WARNING: their music often includes explicit language and you may want to look up the lyrics as they are pretty difficult to understand at first. It's Kyle in the pic.

Thank you! Byee xx.