Chpt 21- Chocolate

Taylor
I stare at my reflection in the mirror. The bruising around my throat were gone and I had no idea how. I should'nt be surprised things like this are happening. My perspective on everything has changed. I'm living in a world where real bloody thirsty monsters exist. I can't even tell my mom about yesterday. She'd probably murder the guy herself. Alyson wanted me to stay with her for a week, to get over what happened yesterday and I kindly rejected.

It looks like Luca won't leave and I'll have to face everything head on. I'm still worried about Alyson though. I don't think she can control being in her house with her parents but if anything happens she knows to leave the house immediately and come find one of us.

I pulled my jacket on and straightened out my hair. Mates? The word I hate the most now. That's the word that makes all of the bad things happen to me. Because I'm Luca's mate. What did he do so much to make people hate him so badly that they'll come after him. Will me getting hurt affect him? I don't even know anything much about these mates? How can I give it back to him or whatever. "Taylor" I heard my mom call from downstairs. I grab my bag on the way to the door and turned the lights off.

"Coming" I shout as I ran down the stairs. I was expecting some kind of breakfast or a new gift but instead I was given Luca. I looked around for my mother before whisper yelling. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you to school" Luca says, crossing his arms and I scoffed. I'm not going anywhere with him. "You can argue with me darling, but you will get into the car" the look on his face made it clear he wasn't playing around.

"Taylor is this your boyfriend" My little sister Jessica ran into the room and stopped at Luca's feet. He smiled at her and bent down to her level.

"Jessica go get ready for school" I said, but she was too caught up at staring at Luca. I sighed frustratedly when Jessica didn't move. She looked at him then glances up at me with a smile.

"Who is this angel" Luca asks, smiling at Jessica. He grips her in his huge arms and hoist her up as he stands. I reach for her, scared that he might drop her but stepped back after seeing he had a strong grip on her.

"I'm Jessica and I'm six" she says, holding up six fingers to his eyes so he could see. "And when I grow up I want up be a princess" I smiled at them. That's like her line to every new person she meets.

"But I thought you were already a princess" Luca says softly. He suddenly gasps and stares at Jessica with wide eyes. "Isn't this your tiara" he points to the silver tiara on her head. Today is costume day I think and she's dressing up as Cinderella.

"Yeah but I'm not really a princess silly" she chuckles at him. "I haven't been visited by fairy godmother yet" I shook my head at her while laughing.

"Come on princess or fairy god whatever" I said taking her from Luca. I place her down on her feet and rest my hand on my knees as I bent so I could glance down at her. "Go find mom"

"Do you want to see me twirl?" She ignores me and faces Luca again. If I don't play her game she never listens to me. I sighed frustratedly. She's a handful.

"Sure" he says and she grips the end of her blue dress in her palm and twirls around on her toes. "Yay" he claps excitedly and she does a bow. This side of Luca was different. He seemed good with kids.

"If you don't go find mon fairy godsend won't come visit you" I said and she bolts down the halls. The sound of me chuckling followed her.

"It's fairy godmother, love" Luca says as I turn to face him.

"Same thing" I said walking past him to the hall. Luca pulled the door open for me and I step outside, inhaling the fresh air. My eyes fell on the grey Audi parked in front of my house. "That's your car?"