Chpt 38- He's back

Alyson
School was long and boring today. No one was actually paying attention in class at all, they were all talking about the party at the Dahil mansion and what costume they were going to wear. I was still planning not go but only after stepping into my room to find a angel costume with a note from Hunter I changed my mind. The wings were attached to the white crop top like blouse with white feathers. The matching miniskirt was about mid thigh length. So I took a shower then got dressed. I stepped in front of the mirror, letting my blond hair down from the towel. I applied a little blush to my cheeks and red lipstick to my lips.

I grabbed my phone off the bed quickly, knocking the box the costume came in over in the process. I bent down to pick it up and my eyes fell on the feather covered purse and I smiled. The note Hunter sent with them was that he hoped I looked beautiful, which I did and that he wants me to have a good time. That's what I hope to do.
I hurried to the stairs, slipping my hand down the banister as I went down. My mom suddenly walks out of the kitchen with her phone press to her ear. Her eyes fell on me as I slowly descended gracefully down the last step. "You look beautiful, sweetheart" Mom says, smiling at me. "No, Rob I'm not talking to you" she turns back to her conversation on the phone.

"Thanks mom" I said, blushing. As I was almost out the door I heard my mother's voice behind me. I turned around to face her, she was leaning against the door frame watching me curiously.

"Where is this party at?" She questions, crossing her arms. I knew that's what she was going to ask. I smiled nervously and opened my mout to answer but closed it quickly. I need to think of a good lie so she doesn't get suspicious.

"At a friends house" I replied leaning against the door. Mom raised her brows and pushed off the door frame before walking to where I am. The next question was obviously going to be 'which friend?' So I decided to answer her unasked question. "Mom you don't have to interrogate me, okay?" I put a smile on and crossed my arms. "I'm staying very far away from the Lycans as you told me. It's just a party and I'm sure they won't be there" after my lies she had a pleased look on her face.

"Don't stay out too late" She said and walked back into the room. I chuckled evily, grabbing the door handle before darting out of the house. That is how it's done. Jumping out of the car as it stopped in front of Taylor's house, I took my time going up the steps in the killer black high heels that I wore to go with my outfit. As I knocked the door was immediately pulled open by Mrs. Lleyton like she was waiting there for me to show up.

"Alyson, you look beautiful" She says, taking my hands to pull me into the house. Over her shoulder I notice Taylor rolling her eyes. She walks into the room and I automatically scan her over. She was dressed as Harley Quinn, her inspiration she says.

"You look amazing" I told Taylor who smiled cheekily and twirled around. She was going all out, I thought as she grabbed a baseball bat and dropped it on her shoulder. "Don't tell me you're planning to murder someone with that?" I pointed to the bat laid on her shoulder and chuckled.

"We'll see" her lips tugged into a smirk. Her mom glanced at us quickly before wondering out of the room. Taylor sighs dramatically and looks over at me. "She's basically policing me, I can't get a minute to-" she was suddenly cut off by the door knocking. "Freaking tricker treaters" she grumbled, grabbing a bowl full of candy before going to the door.

"Tricker treat!" the kids sang in a chorus and Taylor groaned yet again. She hates tricker treating, she never liked it even as a kid. I mean come on, who doesn't like candy.  Owen stood at the top step dressed in a pirate costume, with the eye patch over his left eye. The little girl beside him was in a witch costume, and that reminded about Elena.

"Here" Taylor dumps a load of candy in all of their pumpkins before shooing them down her steps. She slams the door close and spun around to face me. "So where did you get that hot ass angle costume" she nodded towards my clothes and I glance down at it.