18

Lily's POV

The faint sound of beeping brings me to. Dad. Was he okay? What about Papa? Was he mad with me?

"Please be okay, for the love of gods, please be okay."

I hear faintly, I recognize it as Papa. Papa was here. Was Dad? Is Dad okay? The mental image of his face bloodied up, and broken was pictured in my mind.

I hear the beeping speed up. Though I still can't open my eyes? What was happening? What happened? Wait. Where am I?

The sound of Dad screaming out my name, is haunting me. I feel one of my fingers jerk.

Dad? Are you okay? Am I dead? Why can't I move? Breathing feels easier again, I don't feel so broken.

I hear the faint sound of Papa screaming for a doctor, and then somebody telling him to leave.

"Will she be okay?!" He asks frantically. A doctor starts monitoring my heart rate.

"Oh, she's just waking up," I heard an obvious sigh of relief. I'm also thanking the gods that I'm not dying for a second time.

Been there done that. I do no seconds.

I calmed down slightly at that thought, and waited for my eyes to open.

Then the familiar sound of my favorite band starts playing, I try to hum along. The tone catchy. I only receive shooting pain as a result.

I sigh inwardly, was I not able to talk?

The sound of the door opening and closing catches my attention, "Hello Mr. Yamada, I'm here to talk about what happened. My name is Dr. Ally."

"What exactly happened?" He asked curious as to what happened to his little girl.

"Well we found 5 fractured ribs, internal bleeding, and that some of the abdominal organs were damaged from the first hit from this beast, also she punctured her left lung but it's mainly healed now due to Recovery Girls emergency healing." I hear a sniffle.

"When is she going to come back?"

"That's debatable, she may not. The second hit from that beast was to her head, the back to be more specific. Her vision may never be the same again."

"And... her throat?"

"That's also a debate. Her vocal cords were severely damaged, it will be a miracle if she begins to talk ever again, I suggest starting some sign language classes.

There is another option though if she still wants to be a hero, it's a newly invented talker. The procedure would attach to her brain where most activity would be when speaking. It would be the same as talking again."

I was honestly horrified at what I was hearing. Never talk again? Never?

I begin to force myself out of the black void I was stuck in. The sunlight reaching my eyes immediately.

I lift an arm to try and block the sun, but someone's hand got in the way of it immediately. Blocking the sun from my sensitive eyes.

They were sensitive already, this was now just pure torture. Why gods? Why have you done this?

The sight of Papa smiling down at me was a relief, a good way to wake up. I give him a smile.

And then sign for a pen and paper. The doctor handed me an extra sheet. I wrote down on it.

I lived bitches.

Papa started laughing at me. "You sure did my little Lily," I smile at the old nickname.