ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 - 𝕚𝕥𝕤𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕤

He'd happily watched as you held the baby boy close to you against your bare skin

He'd happily watched as you held the baby boy close to you against your bare skin. Then it was as if his world had turned upside down in a matter of seconds. Your eyes had rolled into the back of your head. The monitor next to him began beeping. Nurses were running around the room. One grabbing the baby off your chest, the other pushing Zach out the door.

"What's going on? What's happening?" He'd watched in horror as your body began to shake violently.

"It's okay, let us do our job." The nurse comforted as she pushed him out of the room, closing the door.

As the door closed, he'd heard someone yell clear.

He'd leaned back against the wall, using it for stability and gripped onto the railing. Then he'd watched as they'd rolled your body out of the room, a nurse above you doing chest compressions.

One of the nurses came to him, "She's being taken into surgery. We'll let you know when we know something." She then led him back into the room where his baby boy was wrapped in a swaddled and laying in the small crib. He'd walked straight to the baby boy and picked up him, sitting down in the rocking chair. He'd been in the same spot since then.

The nurse had asked him if there was someone she could call and he let her know his family was in the waiting room. She'd quietly left and minutes later, everyone had walked in. They looked like they were holding each other up as they walked inside the room. The nurse had explained what happened to them in the waiting room.

Isaiah had made it to Zach first, admiring the baby in his arms. Zach had let Challan hold the baby and as soon as Zach felt that baby leave his arms, he'd crumbled into Isaiah's arms. Everyone held the two of them in a big group hug as Zach sobbed.

After Zach calmed down, he'd watched his baby boy be passed around his friends and family, meeting each one. Everyone cooed over the small baby. Baby Jayden was a miracle baby so it was a special moment for everyone. After Tray held him, he'd handed him back to Zach. That's when Isaiah told Zach they were going to get food and bring it back.

There was a quiet knock on the door and a nurse came in. The same nurse that had pushed him out of the room and explained his wife would be going into surgery. His mind went to the worst as she walked over to him. "She's out of surgery and should be back up here in a couple of hours." She places a hand on his shoulder, "She'd had some complications postpartum, but everything is resolved and she's going to be okay."

It was after that, he sobbed again. This time it was happy tears. You were going to be okay.