Jack and Joe

- Kellin's P.O.V -

"Make sure to get home early, you're dad'll be here for dinner," my mom muttered tiredly, popping her back in the process.

I gaped at her, "But we just saw each other a few weeks ago! What could that old geezer possibly want this time?" I mumbled under my breath.

She raised an eyebrow at me, "I'll have you know, me and that old geezer happen to be a few years apart," she grimaced.

I shrugged, "Just means you'll be an old geezer soon enough, doesn't it?" I shot her a shit eating grin.

Her eyes widened in shock, "Shut up! You- you...Child," she narrowed her eyes in my direction.

"You've gone too far..." I gave her a baffled look, keeping some serious eye contact. I broke it first, "What's he want anyway?" I asked suddenly, why would he possibly need to show up now?

My mom pursed her lips, "He's been wanting to introduce you to someone," her tone was flat.

I feel bad for the kids she works with.

"Wants me to meet someone?" I thought about it for a while, "If it's another kid, I'm buying him condoms for his birthday," I frowned.

Her expression changed, "Probably a lot better than those corny ties you get him every year," a chuckle escaped her lips.

I gasped, "My ties are the shit!" I exclaimed, accidentally raising my voice. How dare she insult my fashionable ties!? Disgraceful.

"Where did I go wrong...?" She mumbled quietly, turning away quickly before I'd even think about shouting nonsense.

Except, I did the complete opposite, "I'd better get going now," I grinned. She quirked an eyebrow at me, "Uh, meeting up with Vic in a few..." I trailed off, feeling my cheeks flush.

We both stared at each other in complete silence.

"Things have gotten pretty serious, huh?" She winked, making me question what the fuck she was referring to.

I shrugged, "I wouldn't say that, he just- uh, I don't know," I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly, "I'm not very good at showing it, but I really do like him."

My mom's eyes lit up, "And they call it puppy looooove!" She sang.

"Bye."

-

School's so unnecessary. I mean, not like I have anything better to do, but still. I'd rather be homeschooled.

"-I was really surprised that we went all the way too, but trust me when I tell you it was amazing!" Jocelyn gushed, grinning in content.

I turned to look at them with my usual bored expression.

Her friend, Ashley, gawked in amazement, "Wha- that happened to quickly! You two barely got together, like, three days ago," the look on her face a was priceless.

Three days, huh? Relationships are weird. I'm pretty sure she was going off about being a virgin two weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow she's going to be crying about how he left her for Chelsea or something.

Oh, teenage struggles.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the feeling of someone dragging me away, it was Vic- obviously. "What're you doing standing around like that? Your mom texted me to make sure you got home right after school," he chuckled, "You're too careless, Kell." he glanced back at me, grinning childishly.