Chapter Eleven: Mistakes

Rin's POV:
Days after Kenma started acting strange, I had arrived at school really early. I know, shocker. I'm usually never this early.

I head to the club room to play on the Wacman machine for a bit, before class starts.

When I get into the club room it's empty, just the games and I. That wasn't for long though because Alluka walked in a few minutes after.

"Oh hey Rin, you're early. Were you forced here or something?" Alluka looked a little tired.

"Very funny Alluka, but no I came here of my own will."

Alluka and I had gotten rather close in that week Kenma was gone. She's one of my only friends now.

"I doubt that Rin but whatever you say." She gave me a small skeptical look.

Alluka dropped her bag on the floor. She walked up to the table with all the headsets and picked the one she always did, black with a blue glow surrounding the ear cups. With the equipment she needed, Alluka sat at her PC.

It wasn't long until class started. I packed my stuff but Alluka just stayed where she was.

"Alluka, do you ever go to class?"

Alluka tilted her head as if she didn't know what class was. She thought for a few seconds.

"Not really, but no one notices since I'm a first year." She turned off the game she was playing and opened Cry of Duty.

"At least get your homework done, and attend once in a while. Well anyways, see ya Alluka." I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked to class.

I rounded the corner to the hallway leading to my classroom. Outside my classroom was the mean girls of the hour, Aina and her squad.

"I'm getting tired of your little antics Anna." I strode right up to Aina, and looked her dead in the eyes.

"My name's Aina not Anna. Can't even remember names, how did Kenma chose you over me?" Her hands uncrossed and dropped.

"Because there was never a competition, you are still just a pathetic bully." I maintain unwavering eye contact to get her to back down.

"I'll make your life living hell, trust me." She dragged her thumb across her throat, trying to threaten me.

"Oh so scared," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "If you want to get me to back off, you're gonna have to do better than that "

Aina's eyes slowly widened, not in embarrassment, but in fear. She took a few steps back, turned and ran down the hall.

I turned around to see what she seemed terrified of. I don't know if I was disappointed or glad.

"Geez what are they so scared of? I just gave them a glare for messing with my little Rin" Kuroo was towering over me and that scared Aina. Kenma behind him.

"I'm stopping you right there Mr. Tetsuro, go to your class now. " The teacher yelled from down the hall.

"Ah crap. See you guys!" Kuroo was half way down the hall waving at us by the time I turned back around to face him.