˜"*°•. Endgame pt.1 .•°*"˜

- 53 -

the irony is that the actual story begins the moment that we think that everything has ended

the irony is that
the actual story begins
the moment that we think
that everything has ended

———————————————————————

Jungguks pov

It had been around three hours since the pivotal phone call had been made, which ultimately equated to three hours of worried pacing, knowing glances and overthinking, as the four of us headed into the late afternoon. At the beginning of the wait, Yoongi had appointed us key jobs in order to try and keep us occupied for the meantime, with Namjoon keeping an eye on the security cameras in jsw, Yoongi comstantly monitoring the bugs that had previously been planted and kihyun contacting the police to finally establish the end game.

Whilst the three other men had been given rather important jobs, I had just been given the lovely instructions of "sitting tight" and "paying attention", which basically meant that I was on time out while the big boys did their work. Sure it was fascinating to overlook initially, but with the increasing lack of entertainment, I was growing rather bored.

After a couple more minutes of sitting around and staring aimlessly, the off putting sound of the front door bell reverberated throughout the entire house, breaking me out of the drowsy state that I was beginning to fall in to. Every one in the dark room jumped due to the bells disruptive manner yet kihyun was quickly able to cease the clear distress when he began to talk
"dont worry you guys, i think it should just be the police finally arriving. Jungkook you come with me because you genuinely look bored out of your mind. They also might want to ask questions about you to get a bit more background and whatnot. Namjoon if you could come too so I can give them an explanation of all your technical stuff as well."

Namjoon immediately turned towards Yoongi as if to silently question whether he would have everything under control if he were to momentarily step out. The other gave a slight nod in response, before shooing them all out of the office space.

Despite kihyun already alerting everyone of the presence at the door, i could still see namjoon checking the tiny camera positioned at the front entrance as if by habit, just to make sure that it was indeed the people that they were expecting. Once he had calmed his own imagination, he finally wondered towards the door and opened it.

Initially, when kihyun said that a few officers were coming, i had assumed that we would be welcoming one or two people into the house so that they could get a gist of the overall operation. Yet to my complete surprise, I watched in awe as around eight officers filtered into the living room one after the other.
Sure i knew that this this operation was going to be a rather large deal. I mean sungwoon is the ceo of one of the biggest companies in Korea, but this was a way bigger scale than I had first anticipated, which made me both shocked and slightly apprehensive.