7

I was left there, all night.

Lauren has yet to come back for me.
So here I sat, in the rain, waiting.

"Y/N!" I heard a male voice say.

I knew he was the guy from the club, a friend of Cara's.

He rushed to me. "Come on, come with me, Y/N." I shook my head.

"No. Lauren promised to come back." I said, making him get angry.

"Y/N get in the goddamn car!" I huffed and went into his car, him following.

He drove me to Cara's.

Cara immediately wrapped a blanket around my body, turning the temperature up so that I could warm up.

She grabbed me some dry clothes, no words being exchanged.

I was laid to rest on an unknown bed, and just looked out at the moon.

"Y/N, I know you're awake." I heard Cara speak.

"Lauren called me to pick you up." I looked up at her at the mention of Lauren.

"A war had broke loose. Lauren against Demi, for your hand." My eyes grew wide.

"I have to go. I have to stop this." I immediately stood up.

"Y/N, you can't! It's too danger-"

"Watch me." I pushed her hands off of me and ran out of there, running as fast as I could to Lauren's land. It was raining? Lightning lighting the night sky.

I saw two bodies crashing against one another, fighting.

"Stop! Stop all of this!" I pleaded, to no avail.

I balled my fist.

"Blank stares, faithless
Vampires at the same places." As I sang, I made them stand still, listening to my voice.

"Shadows, traces
I know that you feel me you're
Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Making the rounds with all your fake friends
Runnin', runnin' away from it
You can strip down without showing skin, I
I can see you're scared of your emotions
I can see you're hoping not hopeless
So why can't you show me? Why can't you show me?
I can see you're looking for distractions
I can see you're tired of the acting
So why can't you show me?
Who are you in the dark? (I, I)
Show me the scary parts (I, I)
Who are you when it's 3 AM and you're all alone
And L.A. doesn't feel like home?
I, I, I
Who are you in the dark?" I sang this to Demi.

"Plus one, guest list
But you don't even know what her name is
Secrets, endless
I know that you feel me you're
Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Making the rounds with all your fake friends
Runnin', runnin' away from it
You can strip down without showing skin," I had stepped closer to Lauren as I sang, my eyes on her. As I sang the last line, I placed a hand on her chest.

"I
I can see you're scared of your emotions
I can see you're hoping not hopeless
So why can't you show me? Why can't you show me?
I can see you're looking for distractions"

I leaned in, singing right into her ear. "I can see you're tired of the acting
So why can't you show me?
Who are you in the dark? (I, I)
Show me the scary parts (I, I)
Who are you when it's 3 AM and you're all alone
And L.A. doesn't feel like home?
I, I, I"

I walked up to Demi.
"Who are you in the dark?
Darling, come on and let me in
Darling, all of the strangers are gone
They're gone
I said "Darling, come on and let me see"
Darling, I promise that I won't run
So tell me
Who are you in the dark? (I, I)
Show me the scary parts (I, I)
Who are you when it's 3 AM
And you're all alone (and you're all alone)
And L.A. doesn't feel like home?
No I, I, I
Who are you in the dark?
Mmmmm, mmmm, mmm
Who are you in the dark?
Mmmmm, mmmm, mmm
Who are you in the dark?
Mmmmm, mmmm, mmm
Who are you in the dark?
Mmmmm, mmmm, mmm
Who are you in the dark?"

I turned away from both of them, letting the rain drip down my skin.

"Y/N... I-"

"I don't want to hear it, from either of you." I spoke, voice filled with fury.

"There will be no more fighting between you two, unless you want me to get involved, do you fucking understand me?" I turned around, glaring at both girls.

They both nodded and I looked at Lauren.

"You. Go home, now. I'm not through with you." I pointed at Lauren, she gulped and ran home.

"Now you. I want you tell me the truth, Demi. I know there's something bothering you and I think I know what it is, so you better be nice and honest with me unless you want something to happen." She gulped and nodded.

"I just.... after years of searching, I gave up on finding my mate, Y/N. I was ready to settle, even if it was with someone that isn't my mate. I just... I don't think there's someone out there for me anymore..." she cried and I brought her into my embrace.

"They're out there, Demi. Never stop searching, they're looking for you, so why stop now? You could be so close, you can't lose hope now." She looked at me and nodded.

I gave a kiss to her forehead and she ran home.

I ran to Lauren's, ready to punish this girl.

When I walked in, I was met with three very confused girls.

"Get out of the house if you know what's good for you." I said, simply.

"Your Alpha is about to break." I said, walking up the stairs.

I walked into the bedroom, met with the sight of a very nervous Lauren sitting on the floor in her wet clothes.

"Stand up." I commanded, making her rush to her feet.

"I want you to tell me, Lauren. What did you think you would accomplish by starting a war with Demi, huh?" I asked, looking her directly in her eyes.

"I-I thought I could win...." I tilted my head.

"Win what, exactly?" I spoke, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You." She spoke.

"And I'm just a prize to be won?" I asked, menacingly.

"N-No... I just- I couldn't stand having competition for you. I wanted you all to myself, I wasn't thinking." I nodded.

"And you thought that being an Alpha and all, that violence would solve this?" She nodded, ashamed.

"Lauren." I sighed.

"The violence would only cause an even bigger war with you, her pack, and so many more people. You really need to start thinking things through before you get yourself hurt." I said, running a hand through her wet hair.

She was putty under my hands. I stepped forward, closing the gap between our bodies.

She gasped when our bodies met, the mate bond causing a spark of electricity to flow through everywhere our skin met.

"You have a warning, Jauregui. Do something like this again and I swear to god, I won't hesitate to put you in your place. Got it?" She nodded rapidly and I chuckled.

"Okay, now lets get out of these wet clothes." I said, as if a switch went off in my mind.

Lauren was quick to take out some warm clothes for both of us and we got dressed, cuddling in her bed.