Episode 4

The first thing that crossed my mind when I realized that I was still alive, was Wang So. My body is still very weak, I can't get up from my bed. I who drink a little become this weak, what about him who drinks a lot?

"So... So..." only a raspy hiss came out of my mouth. I cough, and my mother gives me a glass of water.

"Don't talk yet, Yeon Hwa. You need a lot of rest."

"So ... Brother So drank three cups of tea before me. How's his condition? Is he alive?"

"I heard he survived. He has a strong immune system to fight poison."

I heaved a sigh of relief.

~~~

The next day, even though my body had not fully recovered, I forced myself to visit So. But I just stood in front of the door, not daring to go into his bedroom and meet him. I'm the one who caused him poisoning. I almost killed him.

Suddenly my hand pulled.

"Brother Wook?"

I was taken to a room. There was a servant sitting in a chair tied up. She is the servant I paid to carry out my plan. Wook seems to have caught her and because he pulled me here, that means this stupid servant has told everything to him.

"This isn't true, right? You didn't tell her to poison the Crown Prince, right?"

"Not only poisoning, I also told her to make sure Hae Soo brought the tea."

Wook's palm slapped my cheek.

"Are you stupid? Don't you think about the risks? Don't you think about our family?"

"It's just that I'm doing this for our family's sake."

"If your crime is revealed, then our family will become traitors!"

"Yes, I will be hanged, mother will be exiled, and our house in Hwangju will be destroyed."

"Why? Why did you do it?"

"I want to make you come to your sense. You should be king, but you waste it just for the sake of that girl."

"I don't want to be king!"

"No! You really want it. When you are alone, what is your conscience? What do you think of when Wang So leads the rain ritual? 'That should be my position. They should cheer for me.' I see your eyes. You want to be king. If you still want to deny it, throw me and mother away. You have found a witness, why did you lock her up here instead of reporting to the King and saving your girl? Just tell the King that I am the culprit. I won't hate you. I'm ready to die while planning all this."

Wook approached the servant, strangling her to death.

"You know very well that I won't be able to get rid of you and mother."

Wook hung up the servant's corpse, making it look like a suicide.

"From now onwards, Yeon Hwa, you are no longer my sister. We owe each other. You owe me, and I owe you."

"Debts are debts that I cannot pay for the rest of my life. But instead, I will repay the debt on the throne."

"Until the very end you still manipulate me."

~~~

Hae Soo was released, because the butler, Concubine Oh, sacrificed herself by claiming that she was the culprit. Concubine Oh is the king's favorite wife. Because of this, Hae Soo was driven out of the palace and became a washing slave in Gyobang, a place where girls practiced art and dance. Hae Soo's status is now lower than an animal.