Episode 10

"If you marry Yeon Hwa, all families, both the royal family, the Hwangbo clan, the Chungjoo clan, will all side with you. Our support will be your strength," Wook offered.

"Don't try to influence me."

"You are sitting in a chair that is very difficult to get, let alone maintained. If you want to keep that chair, you need us to be on your side."

So grunted in exasperation, "You already know my answer. I will only make Hae Soo my only queen."

"Then why haven't you married her until now? It's been almost half a year since you became king. Why did you cancel the wedding plans after she miscarried?"

"That's because she's still mourning. We are still mourning the loss of our future baby! Do you know what it feels like?"

"I don't think it's just because of that. Lord Hae, Hae Soo's adoptive uncle. You hate him, don't you? You don't want the old fox to regain his power if you marry Hae Soo, right?"

So's teeth began to cower in anger.

"Do you know why the nobles no longer forbid you to crown Hae Soo as queen, after hearing that she has an illness? They do not bless you, but only leave you alone. After all, her life will not be long, and the queen's position will soon be replaced. "

"Wang Wook!" Snapped So, kicked off the handrail seat. "Do you want to die? Just say, I'll hang you in the town square!"

"I am happy to offer my head to you. But I cannot allow you to destroy the kingdom which our father had painstakingly built, because of your selfishness. Chungjoo was about to break away from Goryeo. The family in Seokyeong protested because you canceled the transfer of the capital. Some nobles wanted to handle taxes and the military again. Everything is chaotic now, aren't you aware, or deliberately close your eyes?"

So could not answer.

"Choose, which one will you let go of? The throne or love? You can't have both."

"I won't let both of them go. If someone else might do it," said So, "I sat on the throne to get everything."

"Nobody can get everything he wants. You have to sacrifice one thing to get something else."

Before leaving the room, Wook paused for a moment, "and you ask, do I know what it's like to lose an unborn child? I know. Many times. Until I also lost my first wife."

~~~

(Yeon Hwa POV)

(Yeon Hwa POV)

The smell of various flowers bloomed when I entered Hae Soo's room. The room is big and beautiful, also fragrant.

"You decorated it very well," I murmured.

"Say whatever you want to say. I will tolerate you today," Hae Soo said firmly.