Episode 5

1 year later, the end of King Taejo Wang Geon's reign (based on the drama Moonlovers with additional fanfiction imagination)
.
.
.

1 year later, the end of King Taejo Wang Geon's reign (based on the drama Moonlovers with additional fanfiction imagination)

A jade ring was pinned to my index finger. Wang Yo kissed the back of my hand.

"As soon as I become king, I will divorce my wives. I will make you my only queen."

"Your father-in-law is Minister Park Young Gyu. I can't believe you want to cut ties with him."

"I only needed him only until I became king. Minister Park originally came from Hubaekje. He was just an obstacle to me. I could guess someone's weaknesses and could see their dark side."

His arm pulled my waist so that my body against him. His index finger traced the lines of my face. I could see his eyes full of lust, as if he were about to pounce on me right now. He sniffed my neck greedily.

"We are the perfect couple," he whispered.

Just when he wanted to kiss my lips, Wook opened the door. Yo released me and sat back, like nothing happened, even though Wook had actually seen what he did to me.

"You often visit here. I'm afraid there will be rumors. We must look like enemies," said Wook.

"I did not come to see you, but my lover, Yeon Hwa," Yo squeezed my hand that was still in his grasp, looking at me with a look of adoration.

"What if we just attack the King now, instead of waiting like this? If Crown Prince Moo successfully occupies the throne, it will be more difficult for us to attack him," Yo suggested.

"I don't want to do such immoral things. How could a child attack his own father?"

"A father also does not hesitate to kill his own child, why can't his child strike back?"

I was surprised to hear that. Wang Yo is truly a heartless human. Even I think he is not human.

Yo turned to me, maybe aware of the change in my face, he chuckled.

"I'm kidding, honey. Don't put on a scared face like that."

But I'm sure he is not joking. Yo is indeed the type of person who can do cruel things like that.

"I will go first," said Yo while moving from his seat. He gave me a short kiss on my cheek. I rubbed my cheek using a handkerchief when he came out.

"Brother Wook, I can't understand you. Why don't you try to become king? You act as his pawn instead."

"If we kill the crown prince, then the next king will be a traitor. But it is a different story if a traitor who replaces another traitor, then he will become a hero. Then I will be his pawn, and will finish him as soon as he kills the crown prince."

"What if he betrays you first?"

I followed the direction of his eyes. He looked at Yo's ring which was embedded sweetly on my finger.