Episode 6

(Author POV)

The second year of the reign of King Hyejong Wang Moo
(some events are based on the history of Goryeo, but conflicts I wrote based on dramatized imagination)
.
.
.
In a pool of warm water, Moo soaks while closing his eyes. Hae Soo, who has now become a butler, orders her subordinates to add various spices to the water, because the King's health condition is starting to deteriorate.

Since he was a prince, Moo was often attacked by allergies. After becoming king, the allergies instead of disappearing, even more spread so that his skin looked like scales. The stress and pressure he faced also further aggravated his mental state. Several times he had nightmares. He felt his in-laws, Wang Gyu, planned to take over the throne for his grandson, Wang Eun. Wook has also openly advised him to give up the throne to Wook and live quietly in the village.

So he made the decision to marry his daughter, Gyeong Hwa to the prince of the Khitan Kingdom, even though the girl was still very young, even had not gotten her menstruation. Wang So begged the princess not to be sent to Khitan. Gyeong Hwa is not become a wife, but a prisoner.

"Then, you go ahead. You marry my daughter, So. I will be safer if you are right by my side."

Wang So was stunned, but could not refuse. He did not want this little girl to suffer like he was when he was adopted by the Shinju.

~~~

Yeon Hwa and Hae Soo cross paths in the hallway. They just passed without looking at each other. But then Yeon Hwa stopped.

"Have you heard?"

Hae Soo's steps stopped. She still has her back to Yeon Hwa who turned to her.

"Your lover will marry another woman."

Yeon Hwa approaches Hae Soo.

"This is what life is like in this country. We cannot freely marry whoever we want, let alone the royal family. Everything is arranged, for political gain, for the sake of this country. And you dream of having a man for yourself? That will never happen here. Even men from commoners can have several wives and mistresses."

"Where I come from is not like here," Hae Soo murmured softly, but can still be heard by Yeon Hwa.

"What? Where are you from? Aren't you from the same village as Myung Hee?"

Hae Soo doesn't answer. He walked past Yeon Hwa just like that. The girl narrowed her eyes, feeling suspicious. Hae Soo is a little strange indeed. The way she talks and the way she thinks is not like Goryeo girls in general.

~~~

Princess Gyeong Hwa's marriage to Wang So made Wang Gyu worry about his position. Moreover, he heard rumors that the King planned to pass down his throne to So if he had died.

"Actually I do not want to go through a road like this. But if it's like this, what can I do ..." murmured the old man.

He planned a rebellion. He mobilized a large number of troops from Gwangju. But this rebellion was put down by So. He confused the communication lines between Wang Gyu's army in the capital and the army from Gwangju. Wang Gyu's entire family was arrested and will be executed, including Wang Eun.

"We beg you, Pyeha, revoke the death sentence for Prince Wang Eun," pleaded So.

Baek Ah and Jung also begged for the same thing. The three of them knelt before the King. But there are far more votes for the King to sentence Eun to death. Wook and Won also support the sentence.

"Aren't you the one who arrested Wang Gyu, So? Do you want to release them now? Do you want to betray yourself too?" Wook asked with a thin smirk.

"Wang Gyu is at fault, but Wang Eun is not involved. We all know the character of our innocent little brother. He cannot possibly be involved in this rebellion," said So.