Episode 15

(Author POV)

"Pyeha," called Ji Mong from outside Hae Soo's room. "It has been almost twenty hours since Wanghu contracted, but until now your baby has not yet been born. It seems that her labor has a problem. Why don't you look at her for a moment?"

Ji Mong had persuaded Wang So many times, but the king did not come out of the room.

"Pyeha, I know your love is only for Lady Hae, but the baby Wanghu is carrying is your child. Give your attention a little."

A nurse ran fast to Hae Soo's room.

"Lord Ji Mong, Wanghu ... Wanghu ..."

"What happened?"

"The baby is born, but Wanghu is bleeding. She is dying!"

Ji Mong couldn't hold back anymore, he broke in despite being blocked by the guards. He did not care about the sword drawn in front of his neck.

The room was very dark with no light at all. The smell in the room was not pleasantly sniffing, because So had not bathed in weeks, also mixed with the stench of food that he had not touched. Ji Mong didn't know how So could survive without eating for several weeks. So curled up while hugging the urn on the bed.

"Come to your sense, Pyeha! You are very mess. This country will be destroyed if you continue like this. You will also lose your queen. She is dying. Do you want to regret once more?"

"She will not die."

"What?"

"Yeon Hwa won't leave me like Hae Soo did. Her ambition is too big to die."

Ji Mong let out a long sigh, "fate, no one knows. Death can come to anyone, want it or not."

"Yeon Hwa won't die. Yeon Hwa won't leave me."

~~~

(Yeon Hwa POV)

I can't die
I will not die.
What will happen to my son if I die now?
What if Wang So breaks his promise by not making my son his heir?

"Wanghu, thank God, you are awake," said a nurse who was checking my pulse.

"How long have I passed out?" I asked after swallowing a sip of water.

"Nearly two days, Wanghu."

"Has Pyeha ever come to see me?"

The nurse's eyes seemed to move restlessly, avoiding my gaze.

"He's not coming, is he?"

"Pyeha has seen the Prince. He gave him the name Wang Ju. But he postponed introducing the Prince to the public, waiting for you to recover, Wanghu."

"Alright, at least he saw his son. Where is Wang Ju? Can I feed him?"

"I will call the nanny."

My spirit returned when my son was in my arms. Only he is the source of my strength. Only he was my reason for living.

~~~

(Author POV)

A few days later, Wang So crowned Wang Ju as the crown prince. He glanced at Yeon Hwa who had a proud smile on her face. Her pale face was covered in brightly colored makeup.

When Yeon Hwa turned her head, So turned his gaze in the other direction. From a distance, Ji Mong looked at them with a faint smile. He knew, deep in his heart, So cared about Yeon Hwa.