Episode 22

(Yeon Hwa POV)

It's useless.

All my efforts to restore Wang So's condition back are pointless. Morphine from the aromatherapy candle smoke that he breathed for several years has fused with blood flowing throughout his body. He became very addicted on the candle. When I stop using it, he gets out of control. He experienced seizures and difficulty breathing. He screamed in pain every night.

And I never moved from his side, hugging him, even though bruises and scratches adorn my body, the results of his work when he was addicted. I deserve it, because he became like this because of me.

"Light it! Light the candle, please Yeon Hwa ... I can't bear it!" Screams.

"Hold on, Pyeha. You can't use it again to quickly recover."

"Just kill me, Yeon Hwa ..." he buried his face in my chest, sobbing.

He could not bear his pain, so do I who can't bear to continue to see him in pain.

He suddenly pushed me, then grabbed the hairpin I was wearing. He was about to stab his own neck. Luckily, my hand managed to prevent his neck from being pierced by the edge of my hair ornament, which was quite sharp. The palm of my hand began to flow fresh blood by the hairpin still stuck in the middle, while he fell unconscious on my lap.

~~~

It's been almost an hour So stared at my bandaged hand. He also touched the scar on my wrist, which I got when I was attempting suicide after Hyohwa's death.

"How many times have I hurt you?"

I shrugged.

He smiled sadly, "too much huh, so you can't count?"

I just smiled, did not dismiss, not only physical wounds, my heart was also acute and can not be cured anymore. My heart has been crushed formless. I myself do not understand, how can the heart debris that has been scattered was still able to love him extraordinarily.

He gently stroked the bruise on my jaw, "You don't need to accompany me anymore. Let me deal with the pain itself."

I shook my head hard.

"I'm afraid I accidentally injured or even killed you."

"I will accept it as a punishment. I should be sentenced to death by you, because what I did to you is a form of rebellion."

"How could I sentence someone I love to death?"

"Why not? You're a king. Our father executed Concubine Oh whom he loved so much. Moo sentenced Eun to die, the brother he loved."

"They did it because they forced to. You know that. They immediately fell ill and died after killing their loved ones. I don't want to die in sadness like them."

"But you almost sentenced Ju to death. Is it because ..." I turned my face away, "you don't love him? You don't love the children I gave birth to."

"Why do you think that way?"

"You're always cold to them, but warm to Hae Soo's daughter."

I felt him move toward me, hug my waist, put his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I know, my sins to you are unforgivable, but I keep apologizing. I'm late in realizing that my love for you has returned. No," he corrected, "I realize it but try to refused it. I want to hate you, because I know of some evil deeds you did. You were the one who set Hae Soo on the charge of poisoning Moo. You caused Eun to be sentenced to death ... "