Chapter Eighteen

They were in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Another sold-out show.  It had been six weeks since that awful night in New Orleans.  Rose had moved back to her own room after that night and she had been quiet and introspective.  Violet had suffered a concussion but she was back now.  Rose had heard the story. 

Daniel and Sam had indeed found a back entrance.  They had also found some construction going on and under a tarp to keep it dry, were bags of quick-drying cement.  Daniel had found a smaller bag, filled it with about five pounds of the heavy powder, and carefully climbed a set of back stairs.  Sam had taken his position downstairs in the shadows and they had waited.

When the chance came, they were ready.  A good shot on both their parts has Steve down for the count, and before he could awaken, Daniel made good use of the cuffs that had been used to secure Rose.

The cops had come, arrested Steve, and took them all to the police station for booking and statements.  Rose was due in court to testify in October.  And August was coming to an end.  Josh, Jake, and Rose had cuts on their wrists.  The lacerations were a little deep not to need stitches, and it cost the band two weeks, but they rescheduled the shows and Jake adopted wristlets and Josh wore long-sleeved tunics and they pressed on.

Now the cuts had mostly healed and all that was left was minimal scarring.  The management had done a good job of running interference, and there was little publicity.  They even made a therapist available to the guys and to Rose if they felt overwhelmed by it all.  But Josh and Jake were worried about Rose.  She was not the same person she had been.  On the outside, she acted the same as she always had, but she was different inside.

They had played a show in Albuquerque and Josh and Jake came back to their hotel.  Both intended to talk to Rose, but first, they needed a shower. However, when they came to the room they shared, they found the door cracked.  They looked at each other, and then Josh cautiously pushed the door open. 

The room was lit with soft red light due to scarves over the bright lights.  Incense and scented candles were burning, and a table-sized water statue bubbled gently.  Music was playing softly in the background and the bed was turned down. Josh and Jake stared at each other and then Jake closed the door, locked it, and threw the latch.

She appeared in the bathroom doorway.  Rose stood there, lit by only by the soft glow of the muted lights.  She was dressed in a short silken robe ---- and nothing else.  Josh and Jake just stared.  Slowly Rose walked to them and took them both by the hand.  She had them sit at the foot of the bed, and she sat between them.

They were both watching her with puzzled expressions.  Then she leaned into Josh and kissed him.  She kissed him for perhaps a minute, then she switched her attention and kissed Jake. And it was clear to a blind man what Rose had in mind.

"I won't touch Jake," said Josh, and Jake said, "I won't touch Josh," and Rose nodded.  She stood up and let her robe fall to the floor.  Jake and Josh could only stare.  She was the most beautiful woman they could remember seeing in quite some time.  

She slowly and seductively turned around claimed onto the bed.  She turned to her back and watched them.  Josh began to disrobe first and then Jake followed suit.  Their shower was forgotten, as the stage clothes were quickly shed.

They crawled on either side of her, not touching her, only looking.  And then Josh reached out and slowly caressed her left breast.  Jake followed suit with the right.  And that was all it took.  Every pent up passion for Rose they ever had came rushing to the forefront.   They took turns kissing her and each had his own side as they fondled and sucked her breasts.

Josh and Jake stroked each thigh with hands whose touch was as soft as lamb's wool.  And Josh was the first to caress her sex.  He knew she was a virgin, or she claimed to be and he wanted to find out.  Rose seemed to know what to do, as she reached for each of them.  She fondled and stroked them to hardness so tight they were both in physical discomfort.

And then she moved and got to her hands and knees.  Josh moved behind her and jake positioned himself in front of her.  As Josh entered her from behind she took Jake in her mouth.  And Josh found out that Rose had not been lying, she was a virgin.  He thrust hard, taking her maidenhead, making her channel flood with juices to lubricate and facilitate the act.  He moved slowly at first, breaking her in, riding her with strong even strokes.

And Rose matched his rhythm while she fellated Jake.  She could go on like this forever, pleasing and being pleased by her two men.  Josh increased his speed and even though Rose did not want him too, he came.  He came hard and he came a lot.  He withdrew from her and switched places with Jake.

Although he had come, he was still semi-hard and as Jake entered her, she took Josh in her mouth.  Jake had the pleasure of feeling Rose when she reached her orgasm.  Her channel contracted and she shuddered as Jake came deep inside her.  When it was over, Rose returned to her back in the middle of the bed.  Jake and Josh took their places on either side of her.  As the night progressed, each took turns making love to her, and Jake and Josh finally fell asleep about four A.M.

They didn't feel Rose get up.  They didn't see her dress quietly and get her packed suitcase from the shower behind the curtain.  They didn't see her place the letter on the chest of drawers and they didn't see her quietly take the locks off the door and slip out.  She had tears running down her cheeks and her heart felt like it might stop, it almost hurt to beat, but this was for the best.  Rose made her way out of the hotel and hailed an early morning cab.  And with one long last look behind her, Rose Matthews left the past in the past.

*********************************************************

Rose Fisher was listening to the radio and shelling peas as her twin boys played knights in the back yard.  She smiled as she watched them, both so much like their fathers.  Christopher Micheal and Alex Thomas had been born almost nine months to the day since Rose left the world of rock and roll.

The first years had been hard, and she almost got in touch with Josh and Jake on more than one occasion, but something inside would not let her do it.  If she got in touch, if she saw them again, it would destroy her.  Greta Van Fleet had indeed become the biggest live act in the world.  They sold out stadiums with regularity and sold records by the millions.  Rose was glad they were so successful and she wished them nothing but love and happiness.

The screen door opened and Tim Fisher came out.  He handed Rose a glass of iced tea.  Tim was an ordinary-looking man who was the foreman of a loading dock.  He made a good salary so Rose did not have to work but she took orders and did sewing from home.  Her little side job had turned into quite a lucrative business.

Rose had met and married Tim when her twins were two, almost three, and he had adopted them.  He reached down and splayed his hand over Rose's growing belly.  "So, you think this one is a girl?" he asked her.

"I hope so, this family needs more girls."  Tim smiled, bent, and kissed Rose and then called, "Who wants to slay the dragon?"  He went out in the yard and Rose watched him with the boys.  They all loved each other very much.  Maybe someday Rose would tell the boys about their famous fathers.  Maybe someday she could actually stand the pain of seeing them again, maybe...someday.