PROLOGUE

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐍𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋
𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

❝ 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐍𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋  𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

JESTER, Leia Bennett

I. In a small town ruled by only the big players, Leia Bennett had made quite a name for herself. Everybody in Ketterdam knew the Jester, and if you didn't, you wouldn't last long.

II. Leia was a performer—she had more tricks up her sleeve than a desperate street artist praying to make it big. She was a whirlpool of temptation, entertainment for your eyes and the pulsating organ in your chest. You wouldn't know when Leia Bennett disappeared and when the Jester came out to play.

III. The Jester was a deadly entertainer. She had a special affinity with Death, rumours in Ketterdam whispered that she too, had Death bent to her will. Simply being in her presence was enthralling enough.

IV. She was never seen without red. Crimson, scarlet, carmine. An embodiment of a warning. Danger, like the bloodiest thing you'd witness. Like the fire in her veins. Even her headstone was blood-red. Ironically, she was a walking contradiction.

Dead and alive. Hot and cold, you'd learn.

❝ 𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒
𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄❞

❝ 𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄❞

author's note

author's note. six of crows is a masterpiece, i can't believe i've only read it recently (as of june 2020). and since kaz brekker is my new hyperfixation... tada!

warnings.     (very) morally grey characters. angst central. slow burn idiots.

disclaimer.    i do not own any rights to the six of crows doulogy or the grishaverse. this is simply a fanfiction.

dedication. to the extremely talented CoraFedora! your writing is breathtaking, flawless and basically gave birth to Jester. all the love to you!

revisited authors note. hi to the new peeps from shadow & bone, welcome to Jester! if you're a show-only fan, I highly encourage you to read the series of shadow & bone, six of crows, and the king of scars duology. Jester will follow the books, so you are bound to get spoiled!

i have no idea if LB considers S&B a prequel for the crows, but in this book the crows has never met the Darkling, Alina, Mal or Zoya.

otherwise, get excited!