Kabanata 37

Love

"Why did you love me?" she suddenly asked.

I look at her face but she didn't look at me. "Why wouldn't I?" She frowns and sit up straight.

"I'm serious," she glared at me. "I'm serious too, why? You're not even married to someone, why can't I love you?"

"I didn't deserve you," she plastered a smile to her face. "You deserve to be love, Claire. You don't have to say that you didn't deserve me. I'm the one who needs to say that, I didn't deserve you but you still choose me. Huwag ka na masyado mag-isip diyan, if you think that I will let you leave me. Baby you're not in the right mind."

I shred her tears that starting to come out on her eyes. "I'm sorry," she started. "I shouldn't runaway, it causes another trouble again."

"Did you learn from your mistake now?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't do that again. Running away from your problems will not change anything. I need to stand up and face my problems. Nakapag-pahinga na ako, kailangan ko nang harapin lahat." I nodded and hug her. "That's my baby."

It is a blissful day for us. Now, I am sure that she would not stay away from me. After I send her to her room, Grace started to call me.

When I send her to the states to meet her parents, she didn't stop pestering me, and I want to stop it before Claire notice her.

"Babe! Y-you answered."

"Stop pestering me, will you?"

"Hmm... should I start pestering Claire?" napahilot ako sa aking sentido dahil nasakit nanaman ang ulo ko sa kakulitan niya.

"Shut up," I heard her laugh from the other line. "Ano bang nagustuhan mo sakaniya? 6 years ago, niloko ka niya para lang sa pera! Tapos ngayon gusto ka pa niya gamitin para ma-isalba ang kumpanya nila- "

"So?"

"S-so?"

"Anong nagustuhan ko sakaniya? Hindi kasi siya gold-digger, at lalong hindi siya si Grace." I sighed. "If she wants to use me so she can save their company. Grace... willing ako magpagamit," I chuckled.

"Walang hiya ka! Hindi ako gold-digger!"

"Yeah, just talk to your doctor. Good bye then," I said and hang up. Hindi niya pa rin matanggap ang katotohanan na iyon, I clenched my jaw when I remember how she used me for money.

I tried to reach her parents, hindi naman ako nahirapan dahil agad sila sumagot.

"Is her doctor come there already?" I did call a psychologist to check Grace, she's a suicidal so we can't leave her alone. "Don't worry about her Mr. Achilles. We make sure that her doctor will check her every day." Her Dad spoke.

"Did something happen? Did she call you?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah," napapikit ako ng mariin nang marinig ko ang sigaw ni Grace mula sa kabilang linya. "I-I'm going to hang up now, tatawagin ko na yung doctor niya." Tumango ako bilang sang-ayon.

"Good bye."

I took a shower and put myself in bed. Tomorrow is another heck day for me. My phone started to ring again but I ignored it, masyado na akong napagod. I lose my consciousness and sleep.

Nagising ako sa ilang tawag ng secretary ko, naiinis kong sinagot iyon nang hindi bumabangon.

"S-sir! I'm sorry for an early call, andito po kasi ang parents niyo at hinahanap ka." I groaned. "Send them away, I'm going to call them later."