1 | The Truth

(Carla's P.O.V.)
Carla - 121505 - 9 years old

Life here in Grace Field house is the best life I could ever ask for! I have Mama, my siblings, I have food on my plate, a roof over my head, and a bed I could sleep peacefully in. What else can I ask for?

Recently, my best friend, Zane has been adopted and he finally found a family of his own! We made a promise a week before he left, and he said that he would write letters to us to keep in touch. I've been asking Mama if there has been any letters sent, but it's been 3 weeks already, and there were still no letters from him... Darn it, Zane!! You're always so forgetful!!

-Time Skip-

Me and my siblings had nothing much to do, so we decided we'll play tag while it's not dark yet. Macy, my best friend, with white snowy hair with light blue tips at the end of her hair, and her cute little pigtails and her shining diamond eyes. She asked me if we should ask more of our siblings to join us playing tag, and so we split up and looked around the house for more of our siblings to join. What can I say? The more the merrier is what they always say!

I went inside the house and went inside the library. Of course, my friend Violet, the smartest kid in the house, and is also my tutor since I wasn't the best at studying. Her long dark purple hair and eyes were hooked to a book she was reading, with stacks of books at the side of the table, which I'm guessing the ones she's either gonna read next, or books she already finished reading. Not only is she so smart, she's also a bookworm. The irony, right? Yet, I still loved her as if she was my real sister.

I tapped her shoulder, and in a surprise, she raised and eyebrow looking at me.

"O-Oh..! Carla! What are you doing here?.. Let me guess, you're doing bad on your tests and you need my help?"

She predicted as she was looking at me with a confused expression.

"Oh! No, actually I'm doing better with my tests!.. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanna play tag with us?"

I asked her, with a big smile on my face, hoping she would say yes.

Violet replied, "Well, I've been reading books here almost all day, and It'll be unhealthy of me to have no fresh air, right? I suppose playing tag won't hurt".

"YAYYY!! DO ME A FAVOR AND ASK OUR OTHER SIBLINGS IF THEY WANNA JOIN US, BYEE~!!" I ran with glee outside of the room to ask more of my siblings if they wanna join.

-Time Skip-

All of us were gathered outside the house, and me and Aira were IT! Aira, her long blonde pigtails and her blue shimmering eyes, jumped with joy and shouted

"HA! I'LL MAKE SURE TO TAG ALL OF YOU!!"

Macy then asked Aira.

"Hey, Aira. Where's your sister Aria?"

Aira and Aria were twin sisters. The cliche, both of them act and look opposites to each other. Aira with her long blonde hair tied in cute pigtails, who's always full of energy and joy. Meanwhile Aria, she just sits next to a tree with her dark red hair tied to ponytail, and her red ruby eyes, and she doesn't talk or play with us often. But believe me, she loves us. She just acts like an introvert who prefers to be alone in a quiet peaceful place.

Aira answered, "Oh, she said she didn't wanna play, maybe next time?"

Macy replied "Welppp~! She's missing out! ALRIGHT MY SIBLINGS! YOU ALL HAVE 2 MINUTES TO RUN AND HIDE! MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT!!.... IN 3!! 2!! 1!! RUN!!"

Everyone ran, with others splitting up. Others were on their own, while others were with groups.

-2 minutes later-

It was me and Aira's time to look for them. We decided to split up, since we both think splitting up would make the progress of finding them much faster.

I ran, and looked around. Looking for footprints, and kept my ears up incase I hear any voices or footsteps. OH!! I HEAR SOME!! It's coming from my left. I ran and saw who it was. It was Yonah and Azille!! They were together. I snuck up behind them and tackled them to the ground with a big hug and whispered in their ears.

"Found you~"

"AW MAN!! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD NEVER FIND US!!" Yonah replied to me.

As the rules say, if you get caught, you'll have to go back near the house to gather up.

I ran around more and kept my awareness up to see if they're nearby.

While I was running around and climbing up trees to look for a better view on where they could be, I saw my sibling, Celia, right infront of the gate, both of her hands infront of her and her head looking down. Wait... Didn't Mama said that we're not allowed to go near the gate and walls?! I went down the tree I was looking from and went down to go to her.

Celia didn't even looked at me and she knew I was there, she said

"Oh, hey.. Carla... You said your friend Zane didn't sent any letters lately to you, right?"

"Y-Yeah.. But I'm sure he's just busy with school and all. Eventually I'll go outside and meet up with him in the next few years anyways!" I replied

"W-Wait.. Didn't Mama said we're not allowed to go near the gate and wall?.. Why are you here? Mama might get mad at you!"

She looked away from me and had an angry expression on her face.

"M-Mad?... Mad?! MAD?!!? IT SHOULD BE ME WHO'S MAD AFTER WHAT SHE DONE TO US!!!"

"W-WOAH...!! C-CELIA! CALM DOWN!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT SHE'S DONE TO US?! She took care of us with love and care! I don't know what you're so mad about.." I replied, defending mama.

"Heh, if only you knew... Well, I think it's time for me to tell you the truth.."

"T-The truth..? W-What are you talking about?.. C-Celia, what a-are you—" She cut me off and said.

"Carla. This isn't an orphanage. And there's no outside world out there with families waiting for us. This is a human plantation with demons waiting to eat us..."

I gasped with fear. Just hearing those come out of her mouth. She isn't the type of person to lie. Despite that, I can hardly believe what she said.

"I'll explain everything to you. You don't have to live your life an entire life anymore".

What she said shocked me and gave me chills down my spine...

"Here's what happened..."

-END OF CHAPTER 1-

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoy reading this! 💕
No worries, you guys don't have to wait until Chapter 2, since I have a lot of time on me rn~
Hope you guys have a wonderful day‼️

🍬 Story by: CarlaCandy 🍬