8 | A Traitor

(Carla's P.O.V.)
Carla - 121505 - 9 Years Old

It was just a normal day here at Grace Field house. It's been a few months since we started on our escape plan, and Mom still hasn't found us being suspicious. She called us all here at the dining room to make a small announcement. Yonah rang the bell all around the house to alert us, while Azille called out the others who were playing outside. Once we were all together in the dining room, we were all standing there confused, a few were a bit irritated because their game got interrupted.

"In the next 3 days, we will have a big test coming! So everyone, you all better study and get the best marks!" She said, as the young ones whined, since they were too lazy to study, and they prefer to play.

"Oh, and before I forget... Carla, Celia, and Aria. Meet me in my office before dinner, okay?" Mom had an evil smirk on her face. That's when I found out, she was suspicious of us. She must've found out. But how?! We were all so careful to keep the escape plan a secret.

We all nodded as a response, and Aria quickly called all of us to go back to the bedrooms for an emergency meeting.

We were all in the bedroom, and Aria was very furious. She grabbed Rei by his uniform's collar, lifting Rei up in the air with both of his feet not touching the ground anymore.

"YOU SPY!! WHAT DID YOU TELL HER?! YOU TRAITOR!! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?!!?! YOU LITTLE SON OF A—" Blaze and Violet quickly held off Aria from anger while me and Macy held Rei, who was still in pain from Aria's rage.

"I-I DIDN'T TOLD HER ANYTHING, I SWEAR!!" Rei shouted.

"THEN HOW DID SHE FOUND OUT?!! THERE'S NO OTHER PROOF OF YOUR INNOCENCE ON BEING OUR ALLY.... YOU BETRAYED US!!" Aria quickly shouted back at Rei.

Bet quickly came in front to defend Rei "WELL, YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF OF REI BETRAYING US EITHER!!".

We all went silent. The awkward aura of our silence filled the room. I couldn't think of anything to say to break this strong tension. The silence that almost took over the room was disturbed by a knock on the door. It was our sibling, Jasmine.

"Carla, Celia, and Aria. Mom is looking for you. She said she wanted to talk to you in her office". Jasmine told us.

"We'll be there in a bit" Celia... Or should I say, Clara, responded to Jasmine.

-TIME SKIP-

Me, Aria, and Clara were all at Mom's office. We all stood up, with my right hand playing with my pink hair strands from being nervous. While my left hand was behind my back. Mom stood up from her chair's desk, and came closer to the four of us with an evil look on her face.

"I see.. You know the truth now about the plantations, huh?". Mom said, we all weren't surprised by her response. We all knew she called us because of this.

"Maybe we can make a deal with this..."
"A deal?" I replied.
"Why would you all escape? There's nothing but death and suffering outside these walls. If you want, I'll request you all to the monsters to become a Mom. After all, isn't keeping your sister alive what you wanted..... Celia?.. or should I say...... Clara?"

She mentioned Clara's real name. How did she know?! D-Did Rei really betrayed us like t-that...

"Never. Her life isn't the only thing I want to achieve. I also want her to be happy. Even if we give up and accept your offer of us being a Mom, my sister will NEVER BE TRULY HAPPY!! THAT'S WHY I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE WITH EVERYONE! I'LL DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO SEE A SMILE ON MY SISTER'S FACE OUTSIDE THESE WALLS!!" Clara went furious. She poured all her love and care in that. For me, and our family.