Chapter 1 - The Death of Coin

A/N: Hey guys! My old account (catnip_everdeen01) got deleted for some reason so I'm back as johanna mason! I'm going to do my best to remember all eight chapters of my story, but I am so sorry if it doesn't sound as good. please comment what you think at the bottom! Stay positive people! (I only own a few of these characters, the rest are Suzanne Collins!)

My name is Celestia Snow. I am 12 years old. My home is the President's mansion. By this evening, I will be one of the only Snows left in all of Panem, because Grandfather is being killed this afternoon. My Grandfather is President Snow. I don't know what to feel. Everyone else will be very pleased over his death, but then I am his granddaughter, so should I feel something different? To be honest, I don't think anyone really knows what to with me at the moment, so I have been spending much of my time wandering the many corridors of the mansion, thinking about my future. Will I be put in prison for being related to President Snow? Or will I be killed along with him? No, there's a rule that forbids killing children without any sort of permission from the President. And anyway, I wasn't their target in the first place. My older cousin, Avita Snow, hasn't left her room for days since she found out that her parents are being killed too, because of how much they supported Grandfather and his schemes. I have tried to get her to let me in, but she won't allow it, only her personal maid is allowed inside her bedroom. I have a maid too, but she's not very nice. 

I see President Coin coming suddenly from around the corner, and hide behind a vase quickly. She has a frown upon her glum face, and enters the meeting room. That's where Grandfather holds, I mean held, his meetings with his top people. 

"She is protected under what we call the Mockingjay deal," President Coin says, shutting the doors behind her. There is a slight gap where the doors haven't quite shut, and I put my eye to it, breathing silently. There are seven, no, eight people sat around the table. All of them I recognize as Victors. Most of them were in the Quarter Quell; they were the ones that escaped. Hang on, where's Finnick? I'm sure he escaped too. Then it hits me. He must have been killed when that Squad were in the sewers. Katniss' cousin, Gale, isn't there either, but then he isn't a Victor. The other people around the table are Peeta, Johanna, Annie, Katniss, Haymitch, Beetee, Enobaria, and of course, President Coin. Four of them were prisoners here in the Capitol not long ago. I wanted to go and see Annie Cresta, as she is my favourite Victor, but Grandfather wouldn't let me. Every night of their stay as prisoners in the Capitol, I would be escorted to the Tribute Centre and made to stay in the second floor for the night. Grandfather would stay in the basement area all night, and I had two armed Peacekeepers stood outside my door at all times. Sleep eluded me for many nights because whenever I tried to sleep I would be awoken by the terrifying screams of the Victors being tortured. I would burrow underneath the duvet, sleep in a tight ball, my hands over my ears and my eyes tight shut. I would wake in the morning, still hearing screams every few minutes. At the time, I had no idea why they made me endure that, but now I have a pretty good idea. As vengeance for what my parents did. They were working undercover for the rebels and when Snow found out, he had them killed. He must've made me endure that to make sure that I never went against the Capitol. I wouldn't dream of it, not after what I saw them do. They stopped taking me there when the bags under my eyes became dark like a panda, and I was shaking from lack of sleep. Ever since, I can still hear those screams replaying over and over in my head almost every night. It's not nice. 

Now, looking through the gap, I can see how battered the captured Victors are. Johanna's hair has started to grow again, after having her head shaved in that basement.