Chapter 5

The day went by faster than I had expected it to go. I met Audrey and Nicole at the park right outside of school, where they were chatting.

I suggested that we'd go to my place and maybe stay there for the rest of the day; Nix smiled widely whilst Audrey just shot me a glare.

With that, we decided to stay at the park talking and then attend the rest of the classes.

Now I'm waiting for the bell to ring so I'm officially done with college for the day.

Unfortunately, I still have to go over to Ashton's before I am completely out of responsibilities for today. After that, my friends and I are going to the movies, which I'm excited about, I think.

There's a session at 8:30pm of a movie I have never heard of but apparently everyone is dying to see. I don't know if Tristan is going or not, and we're all mad that he never gives us a confirmation after we make plans. He's always like 'yeah, I'll try to go' but it's never completely a yes.

They're also planning on getting dinner at the mall before the movie. I wish I could go but I probably won't have any time since Ashton and I will take a couple of hours to be finished with the work.

I hate that idea. Ashton is such an idiot. I don't even know the guy - and I don't want to get to know him, to be completely honest - but I can already see that he's a loser, still stuck in his prepubescent years and he's most likely still scared of girls. He's such an idiot thatwhenever he smiles at me in classes my stomach twitches. His stupidity is already affecting me, and I can't seem to avoid spending most classes looking over my shoulder to see where he's sat, and smiling back at him, unwillingly, of course.

I stare at the clock resting on the wall in front of the students and count down the seconds left till the class ends. History is an interesting subject but the teacher makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a pen.

3...2...1 the bell finally rings and I carelessly throw all my things inside of my bag and get up, leaving the classroom.

Nicole and Audrey stop in front of me, "Do you want me to get Sam to pick you up?" Nix asks, concern obvious on her face.

I shake my head. I don't want to bother neither her or Sam. Since none of us know where Ashton lives, he would have to pick me up at my place and the mall is not exactly right around the corner. I really hate to bother people with this kind of stuff. I can perfectly go on my own.

"Are you sure?" Audrey questions, raising her arm slightly to touch my shoulder, "It'll be night time when you're done and-"

"Yes girls," I interrupt, chuckling, "I am sure. I'll get a cab or the bus, or something." 

They exchange a look of disagreement before Audrey speaks again, "Okay then, bub."

They both smile at me before leaving hand in hand and I stand there staring at them as they walk away, with a sad look on my face.

"You ready?" Ashton stands right beside me with a shy smile.

I nod and walk beside him, trying to keep some distance but not enough so I don't come off as rude.

None of us say a word till we reach the school gates. I thought he would've tried to start the conversation, since this was his idea, but Ishould've guessed he wouldn't. He's shy and he keeps on ruffling his hair and adjusting his shirt. Just as the other day at the canteen.

I follow him to a black and blue jeep. It's old and a mess. I look up at Ashton who's wearing an embarrassed expression on his face and he opens the door of the vehicle for me and gives me a hand so I can hop on easily. I gladly accept his help and get on the jeep. It's not as messy on the inside as I was expecting and it has a pleasant smell.