Chapter 8 - Ashton

This is Ashton's Point Of View version of chapter 6. I hope you enjoy it x

Not edited yet, sorry

__

The soft skin of her hands is like a breath of fresh air against my dried up ones.

I'm not used to someone touching my hands; they're all dry and with a few small calluses from all the time I spend holding pencils, pens or paintbrushes whilst I paint. So I usually avoid any contact.

My friends say it's not that bad, but my girlfriend, or, well, ex-girlfriend used to shove them away all the time.

I remember craving her touch, her hands were so tiny compared to mine, but she didn't like that. She wasn't affectionate, but she was still lovely.

We used to hang out at the park all the time and I'd teach her about my favourite artists, but no matter how many new painters I'd introduce to her, Van Gogh will always be her favourite and she'd argue with me for not giving him enough credit, though he's one of my favourites as well.

Sometimes I'm afraid I might still love her.

From the corner of my eye I see Alma taking a long sip of vodka and I have to fight myself not to take the bottle from her hands and drink the burning liquid.

I like the thought of getting drunk, though I've never actually gotten wasted. I've only warmed up like, twice.

Weed is my thing. It is probably my favourite thing in the world, besides, of course, music and a sharp charcoal pencil.

Whenever I can't find the inspiration to draw or paint, I allow the substance to dig deeper into my brain, and find something worth working on.

Not to mention the absolute pleasure it gives me of not having a care in the world and forget about all the people who don't love me back.

A friend of mine, Calum, whom I started talking to in Art School, gets me some good stuff every now and then. He's a nice guy and we always get high together with two of our other friends.

He introduced me to this guy that studies in the college I'm currently on, his name is Michael and he's the reason I chose this filthy place to finish my studies. He's one of my best friends at the moment.

I wish my dad hadn't got himself fired from his old job or I would still be fighting to be the person I actually want to become.

I try not to think about that so I don't get angry, and instead, look around the large and cozy place.

It's odd to see such a large living room with such nice sofas and a big TV.
I'm used to the small apartment I live in. It was originally a three bedroom house but my parents built a wall in the living room so my younger brother would have his own room.

I used to share my bedroom with my older brother Matty, but the lucky bastard has already moved out and now him and his girlfriend have got their own place.

I sigh and look back at the television. I almost can't hear anything from what's going on in the movie because Nicole keeps laughing extremely loudly, which, to be honest, doesn't bother me at all.

Genuine laughter is one of my favourite sounds, and a great source of inspiration, and Nicole's short and powerful laughs are just adorable.

I smile, leaning forward to grab some popcorn out of the bowl resting on the table while Alma takes yet another sip from the bottle, leaving a small trace of the liquid on the corner of her mouth.

I chuckle raising my hand to cup her soft face.

Alma is a strange person. I'm usually able to somehow read people, not in a spiritual kind of way or whatever, but I pay much attention to details. I like to listen and learn and study people, I find them fascinating.