Chapter 7

look at how hot and shy and awkward and beautiful he looks i'm SCREAMING HELP

__

I hate alcohol. I hate the things it makes me do and how much it causes my head to hurt.

I sit up straight on my bed and try to remember last night's events. For some reason, the warmth of Ashton's breath is the only thing on my mind.

I look around my room and wonder who got me here and how I got into these awfully warm pajamas.

Audrey's head pops up from under the blankets and I jump a little, not realizing she was even there up until this moment.

"Can you stop moving?" She whines, throwing the covers over her head again.

"How did I get here?" I ask, curiously.

Whenever I get drunk, with friends or not, I end up passing out on the sofa and staying there for the next eight hours, at least.

Audrey chuckles lightly, "Well, this is your house, in case you don't remember."

I sigh and punch her playfully. "I meant here, as in, my bed. I always sleep on the sofa, with my clothes on."

Audrey groans, appearing again from under the covers as she sits comfortably.

"You and Ash just came upstairs at some point last night."

"What?!" I shout, causing my head to ache even more.

How come Ashton and I just came to my bedroom last night, while I was pissed drunk?

"Jeez, Alma." Audrey laughs, putting her hair in a ponytail and grabbing one of my many hair bands from the drawer next to her to tie it. "You were falling asleep on his shoulder or something and he insisted on getting you to bed."

I frown, "No one can ever get me to bed when I'm drunk."

She shrugs, finishing her hair. "He did. You didn't want to have to walk all the way up the staircase so he carried you to your room."

My heart flusters at those words and I feel my cheeks heating up. "He carried me?"

I let my head fall down and cover my face with my hands. I hate this feeling of not remembering anything, and I know I must have done something stupid; I always do.

"Why did he do that?" I ask, trying to get information on how Ashton behaved last night since my mind was completely blank.

"I guess he cares a lot about you." She admits, now with a serious expression on her face. "He stayed here until you fell asleep."

I let out a soft breath, shocked at the information Audrey just gave me. I literally just met this person, and he put me to bed when I was drunk. The weirdest thing is that I'm completely overwhelmed by his actions. It shouldn't bother me, but it does. It makes my heart flustered and my face burn.

"That's so weird... " I admit, hiding the fact that my stomach is flipping with happiness. "We just met."

Audrey clasps her hands together and plays with her fingers, before turning around to look for something. "Well, if you ask me, I think you'd do the same for him."

"What do you mean?"

She bites her lip, "I mean that you were all over him last night." She glances at me and her eyes widen, as if she's scared of what she's seeing. "I don't- I don't mean like flirting, I know you don't do that, I just, you just... you were really close to each other, that's all." She shrugs and continues searching for whatever she was looking for