Chapter 13

dedicated to rejects-irwin you're lovely <3

__

Ashton's POV

It shouldn't have felt like that.

It shouldn't have felt as astonishing as it did.

Hell, it shouldn't even have felt at all.

When I kissed Alma, there was nothing else I wish I was doing.

Telling her I wanted to place my lips to hers was almost an involuntary decision. I knew I've wanted to do so for the longest time, but I sure wasn't expecting this.

To be frank, I thought I'd kiss her and that would be it.
We'd be lost in each other for a few moments, but we'd quickly find our way back to reality. I thought it wouldn't be such a big deal, no matter how badly I wanted to savour her mouth.

But I was wrong. So wrong.

Alma reacted. She kissed me back. Her body shook beneath me. She was breathless and a moaning mess and she was actually enjoying it as much as I was.

We kissed as if the depths of our mouths held the irreversible path to happiness.

We kissed as if we were in love.

And that can't be good.

I haven't kissed many people before. To be exact, I've only kissed 3 people, one of them being a girl on a spin the bottle round when I was 13; another one a very intoxicated and horny Michael; and Juliet, distant and cold Juliet.

Needless is to say that none of them made me feel the way Alma did. The closest one was Mikey, but I was high so I guess that doesn't really count.

But fuck, Alma.

I felt everything, everywhere.
My body was levitating with the intoxicating sensations her mouth was transmitting.

She gripped my hair, she trembled at my touch, and she gave me something that no one else had ever given me.

She gave me her whole.

She trusted me enough to let me hold her as if she was a precious chalice made of the rarest of crystals. I could have let her fall, but she was okay with that.

I've always thought that kissing was overrated. Just two people shoving their tongues down each other's throats in a way to show attraction and sometimes even affection.

It didn't seem right to me.

Juliet, for example, would wrap her arms around my neck and open her mouth.
That's all she would do.
There was no intimacy or passion. Just me, trying to get her to react, to pleasure her, to show her I loved her.

But she didn't care.

I guess there's a reason for that. She liked me, she just wasn't an affectionate person. She liked her space and I was okay with that until I started feeling like it was my fault.

So, with that, I just kept my distance and wished that she would want me, which she never did.

I'm not trying to compare her with Alma. I was in love with Juliet and I'm far from loving Alma the same way; but how the hell did Alma made me feel so good?

Mrs Chapman's loud words sound dull to me. Whatever she's saying, I'm not listening.

Calum on the other hand is an entertained little puppy, smiling giddily at each of her compliments.