Chapter 8 - Sandra

I woke up this morning later than what I use to. Last night I forgot to set my alarm so today I overslept.

Did yesterday really happen? Did I really tell my parents I'm moving? Or was it just a dream? Well in this case a nightmare because evaluating from what I recall, my parents' reaction wasn't the best.

Just like yesterday, I'll be home alone the whole day and all I can anticipate is a day alone over thinking every decision I've made, not to mention the last twenty four hours.

I have so much to do before Friday and I feel like time it's running out and I was running against the clock.

I went to the garage to get my suitcases, took them to my room and called Cecilia to tell her about yesterday.

"Hello! Hello!" She picks up happily.

"Hey!" I answer quietly.

"So how did it go yesterday?" She asks a lot quieter this timer.

"Worse than you can even think..."

We both kept talking while I packed some of my clothes, which was mostly what I have to take with me. As I start packing I realized that I don't have a lot of space to put everything. I would have to ship some stuff.

"... and there's one thing I haven't told you yet" I inform Cecilia has I sat on the floor "I told them I'm leaving on Friday!"

"But you haven't settled it yet!"

"I might have settled it when I told her that! I booked the flight Cecilia"

"Wait... you're leaving on Friday?" she asks with sadness in her voice "I thought we'd have a bit more time but it's fine! But we still need to be all together one last time!"

"Please... don't say it like that! Don't say one last time. It sounds like someone is going to die!"

"Okay! I won't' say it! Hey who's taking you to the airport?"

"Well I haven't thought about it yet but I was hoping you and Tammy could take me." I say hopefully. I assume that my parents wouldn't want to take me since they don't support my decision.

"Yeah but tell your parents first! We don't want them to be even more pissed off than what they are already!"

"Don't worry! I can handle that. Anyway I have to go now. I'm packing but I'll call you later!"

"Okay! We'll talk later!"

As I set the phone down on my bed and kept packing my clothes, folding everything and trying to fit as much as I could. Not long after my phone starts ringing again.

I thought it would be Cecilia who forgot to tell me something important but as I look at the ID caller I knew that by taking this call my plans for Friday might be about to change...