Chapter 28 - Sandra

As I look through the window the first thing I see are some guitars, a drum kit, microphones and albums... a lot of albums. I walk in and Luke appears with boxes in hands from a small room at the back of the store, which I assume it would be a small storage.

"Hey! You didn't get lost!" Luke puts the box down on the counter and smiles as he comes to meet me half way from the door to the counter.

"I was thinking the same thing!" I laugh as I stood on my tip toes to hug him, something that became a usual greeting between us.

"So..." Luke starts but I immediately interrupt him to tell him the news.

"I got something to tell you!" I say with a huge smile on my face unable to hide my happiness. "I got a job!"

"No way! Are you serious right now?" Luke asked smiling at me. I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy for me for getting a job.

"I am! I went to the interview last week and they called me back today. I just came from the meeting, they told me that they wanted to hire me! It's a clothing store that just opened at the mall. I'll be working with Jamie, she's also nineteen and she's so nice! I can't believe it..." I tell almost jumping up and down from the happiness the eradiated through me like the light from the sun.

"I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!" Luke said hugging me and holding me tight against him. "This is amazing for you!"

"I know! I can finally have my independence and stop worrying about not being able to support for myself." I said as we both walked to the counter where Luke proceeded to open the box he was carrying when I first walked in.

"Guess this is like your independence day!"

"Yeah kind of... I just called you before to tell you the news! I had to tell someone..." I say as Luke takes a few albums out of the box. "So this is where you work!"

He was lucky to work here, at least that's what it seems. I always loved music and here Luke as access to it all the time.

"Yeah! Were you expecting something better or fancier?" Luke asked as his smile dropped.

"No, I mean, I was actually thinking that you're lucky to work here! It must be pretty cool." I felt like for some reason Luke though that his job wasn't good enough and I felt bad for that though even cross his mind.

"It is! Except on days like this, the store is almost empty! And it kind of sucks to put new material the shelves" Luke said as he took a hand full of albums.

"Then let me help you!" I offered immediately as I took off the black cardigan I was wearing.

"No, seriously it's okay, just take a seat over here!" Luke said pointing towards a chair behind the counter.

"Really? Do you think I'm actually going to sit watching you work? Seriously I want to help you and besides four hands work faster than two!" I pointed out in matter of fact. "Where should we start?"

Luke smiled looking down at the albums on the counter as he placed the last one he had in hands separating them by genre on the shelves and walking back to me

"Well, these are all recent albums. They were mostly released last month so we have to put them on those shelves so that clients see what's new first." Luke said handing me some albums and showing me where they were supposed to be.

I walked to the shelves and started setting the albums in alphabetical order.

"So how was it on Friday?" I asked trying to make some kind of conversation.