.----

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟗, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
𝟔:𝟑𝟐 𝐀𝐌
𝟔𝟏°𝐅, 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐲, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝟐%

Peter stopped as he reached his second mile, bending down to rest his palms on his knees. Tessa sat down next to him, panting and waiting for her owner to turn around and head home, Instead, Peter sighed and started walking. "Peter?" Karen spoke softly from his earpiece.

"Yea." He answered, putting his hoodie up as he started entering a busy street, ignoring the people who bumped into him. "What is it?"

"The flower shop isn't open till eight, do you want me to find another one?" The young man smiled and shook his head slightly, stopping at a crosswalk.

"No, I think we'll be okay." Peter leaned down to pet his pup before he started walking again. "Karen, what is the earliest appointment I have?"

"You have a meeting with Miss Jones at eight, but she said she wouldn't mind you being late." The AI answered as Peter struggled with the latch to the cemetery Tessa had jumped up to help, making the billionaire chuckle.

"Down Tess." He dropped the leash and opened the gate, stepping inside with his pooch right behind him. "Tell her I'll be five minutes late." He looked around and sighed in relief when he noticed it empty.

It was only six forty-five in the morning but the sun seemed to want to sleep in and Peter couldn't blame it. He wished he stayed in bed and slept the day off but sadly he couldn't do that anymore. Not since he took over the company.

"Hey dad, how's it going?" He asked the gravestone in front of him as he knelt down, Tessa taking a seat next to him. "I'm sure you'll be happy to know SI is expanding, Shuri is helping us out a lot too. I think you would've liked her." Peter looked over to where the sun was rising. "I hope you're okay and in peace. Happy birthday, dad."

"He would've been proud of you," Karen spoke quietly. "He always was," Peter stayed silent for several minutes before getting up, his legs shaking slightly but once he got to the gate he seemed more sure of himself.

"Thanks. Come on, let's get home." He grabbed Tessa's leash and started his way to the tower. He walked through a couple of backdoors, not wanting to talk to anyone in the reception area.

He unleashed his companion and let her roam the penthouse as he got ready for a shower. It wasn't long before he was fixing his tie and heading out the door.

Peter smiled when he saw MJ, her back was to him and she had her phone up to her ear. "Yes, I'm just waiting for Mr. Stark." He walked further into his office.

"Mr. Stark has arrived." He said quietly, chuckling when she rolled her eyes at him. She handed him a couple of folders and a breakfast burrito. He took a seat at his desk after silently thanking her and read through the files as she spoke.

"I'll have to call you back." She watched him start unwrapping his food as she hung up. "Figured you didn't eat. How was the visit?" MJ asked as she sat down, Peter took a quick second to admire her. She had definitely changed from the sassy and pretty girl from high school to a beautiful and confident woman who worked alongside him. Peter knew she got her business tricks from Mrs. Potts, who mentored her for years before leaving.

"As good as it could go. Anything new happened?" He threw away his wrapper, flipping through his folders.

"Director Fury set up a meeting for later today. Did you do anything to make him want to see you?" Peter frowned and looked up at her. She looked worried but that seemed to be a normal emotion for her whenever she gazed at him.

"I don't think so. I only took on an old project for the company my dad left behind. It's nothing SHIELD related though." He grabbed a pen from the small cup on his desk and signed one of the forms.

"What project?" She took the signed contract and reorganized her small stack of papers. Peter waved his hand, holograms appearing before MJ. She looked over them, flicking through the designs.

"Just new designs and improvements to better clean the air, I still don't think that would interest him much." He waited for her to finish before flicking them away. "So when is the meeting?" He checked the time again, hoping that Fury wouldn't come to see him till later.

"After lunch, so I suggest you come back early from your lunch with Ned." Peter sighed but nodded. He watched her get up and fix her outfit. "Send the rest of the papers fo my office, other than that I'll see you for dinner?" He nodded and smiled slightly she kissed his cheek. "Bye Pete."

𝟏:𝟐𝟒 𝐏𝐌
𝟕𝟐°𝐅, 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝟎%

Peter entered his office, ready for his meeting with Fury at 1:30. He organized his papers, started the coffee machine, then leaned against his desk. What could the Director want? "Karen, is there anything that I've signed recently that would Fury a reason to visit me?"

"Nothing that I've been aware of Peter. I should warn you that Director Fury is two minutes away. " Peter sighed and grabbed a mug, making himself a cup of coffee. It was after he took the first sip that a small knock came from the door.

"Come in." Peter sat down at his desk, looking up to see Fury step in. "Good Afternoon Director Fury, what can I do for you." The young genius asked, closing his folder to give the older man his full attention.

Peter hadn't seen Fury in eight years. Eight years ago his training ended and SHIELD never contacted him again, they had no reason to do so, he was useless to them. So for the Director himself to show up and make an appointment was odd.

The older man sat down, looking at what became of young Stark. The agents he assigned to train Peter did well, he couldn't see what the man was feeling or thinking of. Still, he set down some folders and slid them over to Peter. "I want you to house the Avengers."