.---- -----

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎. " 

"𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚍, 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚙. " 

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎. " 

"𝙳𝚊𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎. " 

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎. " 

"𝙳𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘. "

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎. "

"𝚄𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚎 𝚁𝚑𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍, 𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚊𝚍, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔. " 

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎. " 

"𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙳𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎? 𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎? 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚝𝚘𝚘. " 

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎. " 

"𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚍. " 

𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 25, 2020

5:26 𝙰𝙼 

58° 𝙵, 𝚂𝚞𝚗 𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚝 5:46 𝙰𝙼,  𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 15%

Peter wiped away the sweat from his forehead, taking deep breaths while resting his palms on his knees. He felt a cold water bottle touch his face and he smiled to see Harley, just as sweaty, handing him a water bottle. "Thanks." The millionaire nodded and sat down next to him. 

"Can't believe you leave tomorrow,  I'm going to miss you." Peter sat down and leaned against his shoulder, smiling when Harley kissed his head. "You better be safe." The billionaire chuckled. 

"I'll try." The dirty blond pulled him closer, grinning when Peter leaned against him. "I'm gonna miss you too, I just hope it doesn't take that long." Peter took another deep breath, feeling less out of breath now. 

"We have to meet with the Avengers today, they've been breaking some rules." Harley reminded his boyfriend, watching him grimace at the thought. "I'll be there don't worry." 

Peter knew Harley was strong, could take on anything but he was still in training,  he didn't know how to go against magic. "I know, we just have to be careful." 

Harley nodded and got up, putting a hand out for Peter to take. "Come on Darling' let's go." Peter took his hand, laughing when Harley pulled him all the way up to wrap his arms around Peter's waist. "Come on let's go shower and see what we can make to eat.' Peter nodded. 

It was at breakfast that Harley noticed the blank look on his boyfriend's face. "Something bothering you Pete?" He spoke softly, gently putting his hand over Peter's.

"I was thinking about the lunch I had with The Avengers. They were nice, you know? I couldn't believe that they fought my dad, but then I looked at everything and," Peter paused, and looked outside. "I just miss him I guess."

Harley stood up and walked over to his boyfriend. "Come 'ere.' " he hugged him, gently kissing his temple as Peter tucked himself into Harley's neck. "I know you miss him, it's okay." Peter sniffled slightly, trying not to cry at the thought of his father. 

"I don't want to blame anyone, I don't want to get angry at them but sometimes it gets too much. To see Rogers walk through the building like he's done nothing wrong, it just gets," He didn't finish, just clenched his jaw as Harley rubbed his back, knowing how frustrated Peter must feel. 

"It's alright sweetheart, I know, it's okay." Harley tried to calm him, bringing him down on the floor with him, sitting Peter in his lap. "It's okay Pete." The shorter man shook his head, clinging on to his boyfriend. 

"I wish he listened to us. I wish he never left, I wish I went with him. If I was trained earlier he would still be here. If he would've just let me help him." Peter choked out, tightly closing his eyes. 

"Peter there wasn't much you could do back then. I know it's hard to have them here but we'll get through it. I won't leave you alone with them." Peter nodded and kept clinging to Harley, not wanting to let go. "We'll be okay."

2:28 𝙿𝙼

76°𝙵, 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍𝚢, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 70%

Peter and Harley walked into the meeting room, the shorter man gave them a small smile as he walked in. Harley tried to keep his face friendly but Wanda kept glaring at Peter. Fury sat at the end of the long table, making sure everyone stayed in line.

"I have been getting a lot of complaints from my employees that some of you have been watching them for several hours before leaving. I also heard numerous complaints about how you all take up the gym equipment." Peter glanced at all of the reports that he's gotten in just the past week. 

"There will be a new gym installed for you all, but we must ask, who is watching our employees and why?" Harley spoke from his spot next to Peter, keeping his eyes on all the Avengers. 

"None of you will face any punishment, I just have to ensure that my employees are safe and comfortable in their work environment." Peter continued, keeping his calm and approachable voice. 

"Stop acting." It was a whisper that almost none of them heard except for Steve and Peter. The billionaire turned to where it came from, looking confused for a moment. 

"What was that?" Peter asked, looking at Wanda and Natasha who sat next to each other. "I couldn't quite hear you." Wanda looked up at him, glaring. 

"I said stop acting." All of the avengers looked over to her. "You hate us, all of us because we killed your father. Stop acting and just tell us!" She seemed regretful and guilty, frustrated even.

"Calm down Maximoff." Fury warned, standing in case things got out of hand. All of the Avengers sat at the edge of their seats, ready for Peter to break.

"Miss Maximoff, I can assure you that no one is being blamed or hated," Peter spoke calmingly, which only made her more frustrated. Harley was about to stand up but only stopped when Peter put a hand on his shoulder.

"We killed your father and you haven't said anything yet, all you've done is be kind! How?" Peter kept his composed nature, putting his hands on the table and intertwining them. 

"Miss Maximoff I need you to calm down, I have had time to mourn and move past all of this." Peter's sixth sense spiked up just as Wanda lost control of her power. All of the Avengers stood, trying to comfort the witch and protect Peter. 

Harley pushed Peter out of the way, getting hit with the blast Wanda had sent. Peter watched Harley fly across the room, slamming into the wall.