..--- ...--

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 11, 2020

1:43 𝙿𝙼

59° 𝙵, 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍𝚢, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 89%

Peter pushes Harley out of the way, struggling to find his balance as the jet is hit. He watched the Iron Man suit as he lost his balance. it was disappearing, the new protocol working perfectly. His dad would be okay. 

He fell off the jet, hitting one of the planes that attacked them. He gasped and then all the air in his lungs left him. He fell into another one, this time someone hauled him up into it. 

They forced him to open his mouth, gagging him and tying him up, any and every moment electrocuted him. Someone grabbed his chin and the back of his head, slamming him into the floor. Once, twice, three times. 

He was out.

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 15, 2020

6:31 𝙰𝙼

61° 𝙵, 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 16%

Harley gently pets Tessa as he looks out the window. He hadn't slept much since he lost Peter, spent endless hours looking for him, and making sure Tony was taken care of. He was exhausted, constantly on the move, and trying to find him, anything that would indicate he was alive. 

Is this how Peter felt when he lost Tony. A worthless and hopeless feeling? No matter what he does or how many upgrades he makes to his AI, or to Karen, he can't find him. 

Tony hasn't gotten up yet, still can't talk right but he tries. He's become restless and desperate to get out of bed and find his son but Harley tells him to get better and that he would handle it.

But how does he find Peter? He disappeared in thin air, he was gone. No sign of the plane or the attackers. Ross hasn't said anything about it either, only giving away what Karen sent to Fury. The old man says he knows nothing about it and doesn't care about what happens to the young Stark. 

Harley keeps looking.

He flew out to the base, destroying and getting rid of anything there, trying to find something. But no matter how many times he scans or looks over footage nothing comes up. 

Peter hasn't even sent a message and EDITH was dropped in the jet so she wasn't helping either. Peter had none of his technology and from his fall, he probably doesn't have any of his weapons either. 

Still, Harley would know if he was truly gone. He always has a feeling when it comes to the genius. Always knew when he needed to fly to New York and check on him. He would know instantly when Peter was in trouble.

Even as the jet was attacked he had a big feeling. He tried so hard to reach out for the smaller man, but of course, Peter had to go push him.

When wasn't he pushing him away? After his training, he was never the same. Some night Peter would call him, softly tell him he can't breathe. Harley would gently talk to him, trying to reassure him he was okay and was safe. 

Then after he got kidnapped he changed even more. Peter would avoid everyone, not talking to MJ, to Karen, not even to him. No gentle words or hugs would get him to crack.

Until Harley got hurt during training. Peter cried, held on to him for dear life, and sobbed into his chest, begged him not to leave. 

After that Peter would only talk to him. Crawl into his bed whenever he would be over, hide against the taller man, and whisper about his fears. Harley was the only person Peter confined in. 

Harley wondered if it would be that way when he gets Peter back.