.---- ....-

𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 2, 2020

9:48 𝙰𝙼

67°𝙵, 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍𝚢, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 15%

"What happened in those four days you were kidnapped? You haven't told anyone, it's not even on SHIELD databases. But there was blood all over you, should I point out that most of it wasn't yours." One of the agents said, smirking, thinking that he finally got to Peter. 

"I got out of there the only way I knew." Peter leaned back, kind of bored. He had lashed out three times already so by the end of this he had to run nine miles. "Isn't it a bit too far?" He asked, fixing his suit. 

"Ross isn't a nice guy, he always goes too far." Luke, an agent that sat in the back, spoke up. "You killed people, didn't you?  To get out? How many?" Peter leaned on the table, tilting his head at the man. 

"I don't remember, I just remember getting out." He lied, he remembers all of them, all of the blood on his hands, the way he felt nothing as he snapped someone's neck. He remembers all of it.

"Don't give me that bullshit. It was barely a year ago, you had just started taking over the company, then you went out with your boyfriend and suddenly you were gone." Luke spoke, standing up to sit in front of him, glaring at the younger man. 

Peter smirked and leaned forward. "Aren't you supposed to get me angry?" The agent rolled his eyes, getting up, and sighing. The billionaire just yawned and looked over to the window, noticing Fury and Hill had come back. 

"Times up, go change, and get ready for your run." Fury spoke sternly glaring at the agents in the room. "Stark, a word before you go." Peter walked out, going over to the director. 

"Doctor Strange called, said Keener was doing worse, we're sending you back next week." Peter was extremely happy to be going back but also extremely worried. "Stay focused, you're getting better at this. We don't need you to mess up now." The billionaire nodded and Fury let him go. 

Peter went up to his room, quickly changing into a tee and sweats, throwing a thin sweater on before leaving. He yawned a bit as he walked out to the track, "Karen, how is Harley?" He asked his AI as he put in his headphones and started stretching. 

"He is whispering your name along with his sisters. He has opened his eyes and he can't seem to realize that he is in the hospital. Doctor Strange has tried a lot of spells to help him but he says it has to be Miss Maximoff that lifts the spell." Peter nodded and started running.

"So what's the problem? Does she not want to lift it? Or does she not know how?" He asked softly, fear rising in his chest. If she doesn't lift it then he might not get Harley back. 

"She does not know how Doctor Strange is teaching her." The AI sounded as frustrated as Peter felt. "Is the training going alright?" She still sounded upset but she also seemed to want to help Peter. 

"It's going alright. I'll be back next week." He told her, running a bit faster when he saw Hill coming out to check on him. "Talk to you later." She watched him pass by, again and again, and again until he finished, stopping in front of her. "Something happened?" 

"No, just wanted to make sure you were okay." Maria started walking back to the building. "Ignore the agents, it's the first time they're meeting you and they all have questions about what they heard." She spoke again as he followed behind her.

"It doesn't really bother me. I've never had too much of a problem with being asked about it." She nodded and opened the door, letting go once he had a hold of it. 

"Right. Fury wants you to be up by six tomorrow, we need to focus on other things." He nodded and she walked away as he headed back to his room. He took off his sweater and shirt, sighing and stretching as he did. 

"Karen show me footage of Harley." The AI did as told and Peter watched the screen in horror. There sat Harley, eyes gleaming a dark red, fear clear in his features, he was mumbling nonsense to himself as Stephen read a book next to him. Peter looked down and flicked away the hologram. 

The younger man knew that Harley wouldn't be the same, they'd have to go through this together, find out ways to make Harley see that he's not trapped inside his head. Anything could happen. Harley could leave. 

Peter rubbed his eyes, curling up on the bed. Harley came to New York just to check up on him, he left his work behind just for him and Peter just got him hurt. He wished he told Harley to stay in his office or penthouse, let him take care of the Avengers. But of course, Peter didn't want to be alone, he wanted Harley there. 

He promised things would be different when he got back to New York.