.---- ..---

𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 26, 2020

12:56 𝙰𝙼

61°𝙵, 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚡𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚜𝚞𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚝 5:4, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 15%

Peter gently played with Harley's hair, closing his eyes when he felt the bandage that wrapped around his head. He heard the door quietly click, he didn't turn but he did open his eyes, already knowing who it was.

"She's got a point you know? You have blamed the Avengers for years. You blamed Rogers for your father's death since you were fifteen and the moment they come in, you don't do anything." Fury spoke up after a couple of minutes of silence. "I thought you would make their lives as miserable as possible."

"And what exactly what that do? It won't bring back my dad, won't make Uncle Rhodey talk to me, won't stop Ms. Potts from looking at me with pity. Hurting them wouldn't help me, won't make anyone proud." Peter sounded exhausted as he spoke. 

Fury walked to the other side, looking at the defeated billionaire. "You seemed like you wanted to do something to Maximoff." He sat down looking at the hurt man on the bed. "Almost like you wanted to kill her." The shorter man swallowed and looked down. "My question is, why didn't you at least show her what you can do? Peter rubbed his eyes again. 

"Sometimes I think about what my dad would want," Peter whispered. The billionaire knows exactly what his father would've wanted. He would've wanted him to take in the Avengers, to help them in any way he can. He would've wanted him to go easy on Wanda and get her help instead of doing something to her. He would've wanted him to reassure Barnes that he isn't to blame. 

"And what would your dad want?" Fury asked only to be met with silence. "He would've wanted you to be happy. I know I fucked some part of that up but you have people around you who actually care about you." He watched the genius look over to Harley. 

"Only Harley really knows what's going on. Like I said Rhodey and Ms. Potts left a long time ago and Happy only comes by when necessary." He looked to Harley, eyes stinging once more as his thoughts wandered. "I can't lose him," Peter whispered. 

"When did they stop talking to you? I thought you all were family? Peter sighed and rubbed his eyes, looking up at the man in front of him. 

"Rhodey hasn't spoken to me in five years because every time he looks at me he says all he sees is my dad. He loves me but I understand that I can be painful to look at. Ms. Potts ended up the same, she left because whenever she saw me, she remembered that she never got to apologize and get back together with my dad. People look at me and they say that my dad wouldn't want this for me, but he's not here to help me out of it, so people leave. I really only have MJ, Shuri, Ned, and Harley." 

"You are right. Your dad would have never wanted this for you, he wanted you to be a kid and do what you wanted to do. He was going to train you for the company when you were ready when you did everything you wanted to do. But when he died it was up to us to make sure you were safe." Fury spoke quietly, watching the younger man lean back in his chair. 

"Why protect me? I haven't been useful to you at all. I'm not a hero like my dad, I don't create suits or weapons." As tired as he looked, Peter also looked curious. 

"Your dad saw a lot in you, and when you became Spiderman it gave us one more reason to keep tabs on you. You were a hero and the only reason you aren't a superhero now is that you decided not to keep going. Doesn't mean you're not a hero. You take time out of your day to fly somewhere and build a house for those who need it, paying for whatever else they need. You might not be fighting crime but you do help people." 

Peter stayed silent, not believing the man's words. "I feel like I let them down." Fury kept his eyes on him, waiting for the correction but it never came. He sighed and leaned forward. 

"You feel like you let him down." The director spoke quietly, waiting for the genius to say he was wrong, but Peter just nodded slowly. "He would be proud of you, I think you forget how your father really was." 

9:45 𝙰𝙼

78°𝙵 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗  5%

"He'll be in good care Peter, once you come back he'll be just fine." Stephen placed a shaky hand on the young man's shoulder. The billionaire nodded and kept looking at his unconscious lover, feeling uneasy with the heart monitor going too fast. "I will deal with Wanda, you have nothing to worry about." 

"Thank you, Stephen." The older man nodded, he always had a soft spot for Peter after meeting Tony years ago. He was still extremely disappointed that none of his spells worked to find the genius.

"Of course Peter. I'm going to check Wanda, be safe." With that the sorcerer left, leaving Peter alone with Harley. He sat down on a chair next to him, taking his hand. 

"I gotta go. I promise when I come back we can have a whole week off." The shorter man mumbled, tears gathering in his eyes. "You'll be okay Harley, I promise." He gently lifted his eyelids to see a darker shade of red then last time, Harley looked petrified. He gently let go, looking away for a moment. "I'll see you soon." Peter kissed his cheek, fixing himself up as he left. 

He said goodbye to employees as he walked through the halls, trying to seem normal. Peter sighed when he finally got to his car, getting in before taking out his phone. The coordinates send him out of the city to a small facility SHIELD owns.

He started his car, looking at the building in front of him with longing. He put on his sunglasses and fixed his hair before he started to back out of his parking spot. He carefully drove out of the garage, but once he got on the road he was speeding down and getting to where he needed to be, already wanting to get the month over with. 

It took him two hours to get to the building, it was in the middle of nowhere and no one seemed to be around. He carefully stepped out, unbuttoning his blazer, and taking off his sunglasses. He walked to the doors, pulling them only for it to not open. 

The billionaire looked around, noticing a small gray box with a speaker and button. He pushed the button and waited. "Please give a full name." A robotic voice came out of the metal box. 

"Peter Edward Stark." It dinged and the doors opened, allowing cool air to hit the genius. 

"Welcome, Mr. Stark." The box spoke one more time as Peter stepped inside. No one was around, not in the lobby or waiting area. He kept scanning, only stopping when his sixth sense started up. 

He moved to the side, watching an agent almost fall if he didn't catch them and pin them down to the ground. "Your training starts now Stark." The man gruffed out breaking free when another agent tackled Peter. 

Peter smirked, maybe he did miss this a little.