---..

𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 22, 2020

12:04 𝙿𝙼

73°𝙵, 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍𝚢, 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 78%

Peter smiled as he got to the Avengers floor, he was almost surprised by how domestic and family like it was. "Good afternoon, I hope I'm not too late?" The rest smiled kindly and shook their heads. 

"No, we just all sat down," Natasha answered, sitting down after getting a plate. Peter sat down in the only seat available, which was in between Natasha and Sam. They had all distributed the sandwiches and fruit Steve had prepared before they started talking. 

"So, Stark's kid huh?" Clint asked, examining the young man in front of him, making Natasha gare at him. "Did he adopt you?" Peter chuckled and shook his head. 

"No, he just wanted me out of the public eye, I, unfortunately, don't know my mother," Peter informed him. "I honestly don't know much about you all, it would help me get to know you all if I'm going to be designing your equipment soon." 

Steve looked up to look at him. "You'll be making our stuff?" Peter nodded and took a bite of sandwich, watching the way the captain shifted unconformably. 

"SHIELD will be buying everything I need to help you all, although if something needs to be replaced right away it has to go to one of the SHIELD Engineers until I can look at it." The rest nodded, liking how easy the billionaire was to talk to. 

"Thank you for doing that." Peter nodded and waved a hand dismissively. "No really to mean a lot to the team that you're putting in this effort." Steve continued, not wanting his relationship with the younger Stark to go bad as it did with Tony.

"Of course, it's no problem at all. I also wanted to ask what you all thought of your floors. I know it is a bit smaller than what my father gave you but is there anything you all need?" The rest were surprised by how different Peter acted then Tony. There was no bragging or jokes, nothing that even came close to how Tony acted.

"Nothing that we can think of at the moment, everything has been great so far." Peter smiled and nodded, happy that they wouldn't cause so much trouble. 

"I'm glad. I have to ask, why did you all want me to join you for lunch?" Peter finished the last bites of his fruit while the rest looked at each other. Steve looked at him. 

"I wanted to apologize for what happened with Tony." Peter's mood didn't change, he just nodded and looked almost understanding.  

"It wasn't your fault he died, he was left in a hydra bunker, I would blame them or someone else, not you for killing him." He reassured the older man before turning to the quiet soldier next to him. "I don't blame you either Sergeant Barnes." 

Bucky looked down at his food and shook his head. "I'm - I'm sorry. " his voice came out shaky and Peter just smiled and shook his head. 

"I really don't blame you. I only wish my father would've listened to other people." Peter sighed and finished his sandwiches. "You all don't have to keep apologizing to me." They all nodded, surprised that he didn't get sad or emotional. 

"We wanted to know about the Spider-Man thing that happened years ago, why did people think you were Spider-Man?" Sam asked, making Peter sigh and shrug. 

"According to Director Fury, Mysterio was actually Quentin Beck, an old employee that worked for my father. He wanted revenge so Spider-Man stopped him, I can only guess he chose me because I'm his enemy's son." The rest nodded, all of it making sense and adding up. "I wanted to know if Mr. Odinson and Dr. Banner will join you all soon." 

"Yes, they will be here in August." Peter made a mental note to keep that detail away from Ross, not wanting the man to go hunting after Bruce again. "Is there a problem with that?" 

"No of course not. I just wanted to make sure we can prepare their rooms on time." Peter's watch beeped, making him glance at it. "So sorry to cut this short but it seems like I am needed somewhere else in the building. Would you all like to join me for dinner sometime? We can chat more then. Oh and thank you for the lunch Captain Rogers, it was delicious." Steve nodded and a smile. They all agreed on the dinner plan before watching the young man leave. 

"He's definitely not Tony," Clint said once Peter was out the door. The rest agreed. 

Peter heard them, cursing his super hearing for once. The billionaire just sighed and went to the elevator, winding what could be so important. He walked up to his office confused to see MJ and Harley there. "What happened?" 

Harley turned and smiled. "FRIDAY just started responding."