five

Part Two: The Mind Stone.

"I always breathe easier when I'm closer to you."

Aphrodite Stark.

We walked out of the sanctum silently, each feeling a wave of emotions.

Peter seemed relived.

Tony seemed a little bit agitated.

Steve seemed stressed.

I was just happy to be alive.

"So," I began, breaking the silence as we headed down alleyways to not be spotted by the past Avengers.

"You got the mind stone while it was still in the scepter, right?" I asked Steve, who turned to look at me.

"Yes, we need to return it the exact moment I took it." He said, and I smiled slightly.

"So, what moment is that?" Peter asked, and Steve looked towards the Avengers tower, making me gulp.

"How are we going to go unnoticed in Tony's tower?" I hissed, and Tony shrugged.

"It's really not that hard." He said, and Steve nodded.

"Tony and I will need to be cautious."

Tony put his arm around me, and we stopped in the alley before the Avengers tower.

"You and Pete don't need to worry. You weren't in the picture at this point in time, so you don't need a disguise." Tony said, and Peter breathed a sigh of relief, but I didn't.

Past Tony would recognise me.

"Yeah, sure." I nodded, and Tony kissed my temple.

"Don't worry, honey." He said, and Steve gave me a reassuring smile.

"It'll be okay."

"So, what's the plan?" Peter asked, and I leaned against the alley wall.

"I took the scepter from Rumlow in the elevator. I need to put it back there." Steve said seriously, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Handing the mind stone back to Hydra?

That doesn't seem like an easy task.

"That seems slightly difficult." I chuckled, and Peter looked confused, matching my expression.

"I thought this was meant to be like, the easiest of them?" He asked, and Tony chuckled.

"It is."

Peter looked shocked, making me laugh.

"It's gonna be fine, Peter. I'm here." I smiled, and he nodded.

Steve looked at Tony, and they shared a knowing look.

"We'll do what we did before."

"What did you do last time?" I asked, and Tony smiled at me.

"I got a guard disguise. Blended in easily." He said, and Steve nodded.

"The me from this year was doing a perimeter sweep, so I just posed as myself. Walked in and out the building." He told us, and I nodded.

"No one would've suspected a thing, that's an impressive play." I said, and the two boys smiled.

"What would you like us to do?" Peter asked, and Steve looked like he had an idea.

"Aphie, you can pose as an employee at the front desk to keep tabs on where past me is." Steve said, making me nod in agreement.