eight

Part Three: The Space Stone

"She had a spark in her eyes that even the stars envied."

Aphrodite Stark.

We arrived back in 1970, in an army compound in New Jersey.

Specifically, the one Steve used to train on before he went in the ice.

I'm sure this was nostalgic for him, in a way.

"So, what's the game plan this time?" Peter asked, and we walked behind a building to stay out of sight temporarily.

"Tony took the space stone last time, he should probably be the one to put it back." Steve said, and I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, anything to watch out for?" Peter asked, and I noticed that Tony wasn't paying attention at all.

He was staring off into the distance, and I already knew what, or who, he was thinking about.

His dad.

I slightly nudged his side, and he jumped a little, relaxing when he noticed that it was just me.

"No, nothing." Tony responded, and I withheld a chuckle.

Yeah, no one except for your dad, Tones.

"Great!" Peter said happily, looking between all of us.

"This should be easy then, right?"

I nodded, smiling at my son a little bit.

"Probably, but just keep your eye out, Pete." I said, and he beamed at me.

"Always, mum."

I chuckled, shaking my head.

He's never careful.

If there's one thing I've learnt through being an Avenger though, it's to not let your guard down.

"Okay, what are we thinking in terms of position?" I asked Steve, and Tony clears his throat, making me hit him as he laughed.

I knew what he was going to say.

Steve and Peter pretended like they didn't know what Tony was implying, and Steve began talking to take the attention off of us.

"Maybe you can ride me." Tony whispered in my ear, Andi lightly hit his forearm.

"Tony." I warned, and he chucked lowly, kissing my cheek and pulling away to listen to Steve.

"There are people here that could easily pinpoint us, so we need to be really careful." Steve informed us, and I nodded.

"Aphie and Peter, stick together." Steve ordered, and Peter grinned at me.

"We can pose as brother and sister!" He exclaimed, making me laugh.

"How about mother and son?" I chuckled, and Tony shook his head at me.

"You could easily pass off as brother and sister." He said, and I smiled at Peter.

"You could be enlisting, and I could be saying goodbye to you?" I suggested, and Peter nodded excitedly.

"I've always wanted to fight for my country!" He said happily, and I jokingly rolled my eyes.

"Queens, you aren't actually going to be doing anything, it's just an act." Steve said, and Peter sighed.

"Besides, you already fight for your country. You're an Avenger, not a soldier." I reminded him, making Peter smile again.

"I forgot about that." He grinned sheepishly, and I chuckled.