22|•

Welcome to the first part of the final chapter 🎊🎉 Have fun reading 😙😙

Oh and a heads-up, this chapter is a bit long. Muah XD.
____________________________________

“Wow!” Mosọpẹ repeated, stunned. “You're quite lucky to have met such a person.

“Who knows? Maybe if I had met someone like this person you speak of; I'd have been able to love Kitan right; and I wouldn't have made so much mistakes.” he commented, feeling a large wave of sadness wash over him.

A fond smile flitted across her lips, as she spoke her next words: “I can introduce you to Him,” she offered.

“You can?” he repeated, clearly amazed.

“Yeah, sure I can. But not yet, we've still got some things to talk about. However, we'll get to that later. Here's the point where I charge you.

“Mr Man, it's not too late for you. You've made some mistakes, yes; and some of them have had ripple effects that can't be corrected, also yes.

“But you know what? This doesn't have to be the end of the road for you.

“Look at me well. You know the a-to-z of my past, and you know my dirtiest secrets. You know how much pain, and how much angst I went through. You know how much pain and shame that I felt everyday. You know how my ability to trust was pretty much destroyed.

“I had my own demons too, that whispered in my ears nonstop. They almost succeeded in driving me to the point of no return; but thank God they didn't.

“If Junior hadn't walked in at that exact moment; do you think that I'd still be here, talking to you?”

Mosọpẹ shook his head, still unclear about where she was going to.

“Exactly! I wouldn't. I'd have been six feet under the ground; and eventually my grave's headstone would have been washed away by the sands of time.

“I'd have faded from being a once living, breathing person; to a distant, nameless memory. I wouldn't have been able to make the impact that I'm making today; if I'd cut my life short, my destiny would have also been cut short.

“Do you know how many people were and still are depending on me to bless them? Would I have been able to bless any of them in the grave?” she asked, once again.

He shook his head in the negative. “But that's you madam. I'm different,” he argued. He felt different than he had three hours ago; like a different person.

He couldn't exactly explain it. But there was something deep inside of him, an emotion so heavy, that was clawing to be released, to come up to the surface.

She scoffed, shaking her head. “Are you really? The only difference between us is that; I've let go of the unforgiveness, the bitterness and the hatred, but you clearly haven't.

“Let me tell you something. I want you to really reflect as I make mention of it.”

“Sure,” he affirmed.

“The only reason that it seemed like your demons kept growing was because you let them; you unconsciously gave them permission to grow.

“That's a fact that I know firsthand. If you really look at it, you'll realise that: at first the demons were planted by the circumstances you were faced with. In other words, they were borne as a result of a particular situation.

“But later on, their voices only got louder because they were latching onto the strong feelings of rejection, unforgiveness, bitterness, hatred, then later guilt that were deeply rooted in your heart. Those negative feelings are like manure for them to keep growing.