Chapter 8

Gino opened the door to a petite woman with long brown hair and an oval-shaped face looking at him up and down before speaking.

"Gino, you are looking fabulous, baby boy."

The woman that had just spoken was non-other than his best friend, Amanda.She did not give Gino a chance to respond when she opened her mouth to speak once more.

"So, what do you think?"

"Beautiful, just as you always have been", replied Gino with laughter in his voice.

Amanda was dressed in a tight black dress that came above her knee line with high black heels that completed her outfit.

Amanda opened her mouth to reply when a loud shout could be heard coming from behind Amanda.

"Hey princess, come on, we're going to be late."

"Give us a second," said Amanda raising her voice for the others to hear; she then turned her attention back to Gino and continued speaking.

"Sorry, I told Tony I would be out late with you, but he insisted that I bring him along; he kept going on about my safety. I really couldn't stand it and agreed for him to tag along; I hope that is alright with you," said Amanda

"It's Fine"

"Ahh, thank you, Gino. Shall we go? Tony wants to fill our bellies first before any form of liquid goes in; he is afraid that we will throw up in his car."

Gino chuckled and followed closely behind. It wasn't until they reached the car did Gino see Tony sitting in the driver seat, adjusting the settings of his brand-new BMW with state-of-the-art technology and its unique and sleek designs.

This was a model that he had only seen in magazines and was not yet released to the general public.

Admiring the car, a thought crossed Gino's mind.What did Tony do to have this kind of car in his possession? Well, to be honest, one could do anything if one had money. With just a click of their fingers, they could just about have anything that they want, and Tony's family is no different.

With that in his thoughts, Gino unconsciously turns his head to look at Amanda and how she was different from her family.

Unlike Tony, Amanda worked hard for the things she wanted and owned. Never using her parents as a stepping stone to gain success in her life. She wanted to be proud of her life choices rather than be a tool that her family would use to gain a public reputation.

This was one of the qualities of Amanda that Gino admired.

The three friends soon arrived at their destination. Tony lead the way and walked into a well-established restaurant well known for its steaks and famous mushroom sauce.

A waitress escorts the three to a private table, promising to return shortly with the drinks menu. Before the waitress left, her eyes lingered on Tony, who returned the glance with a wink resulting in a blush from the other person.

As soon as the waitress left, Tony adverted his gaze to Gino, who tried to look away from those eyes that always gave him goosebumps.

Gino was never close to Tony; more accurately, he was afraid of Tony, the man in question had never physically harmed him, but there was something about the man that made Gino walk on eggshells every time he was near.

Dinner went quickly as the three companions did not have much to say to one another; Gino, on the other hand, had wanted to tell Amanda about all the things he had encountered during the week but was afraid of the person sitting next to her, thus making dinner go by quickly.