Finally coming home again

I just want to say thank you also in this book again, we have 790 reads, for me that is incredible and I think we should be more thankful in general. So, thank you! This one could be seen as a part two to When I see you again, it has a real life situation as inspiration but is completely fictional. Happy about suggestions for other oneshots, as always! <3

There were days that would pass extremely quick - a birthday for example. A birthday was usually a lot of fun and meeting people one liked and within a wink, the day would be over. Or, for example, days which were full of work. Time would be running on these days. And there were days that couldn't pass slower. That was the case when something horrible happened for example. Or when you were impatiently waiting for something. Time was a funny thing, it seemed to do exactly the opposite of what one wanted. If you wanted to stretch a situation as long as possible, time would run. But if you wanted something to be over quickly, time would be slower than ever.

That was something Declan Donnelly experienced today. He checked the time almost every five minutes, just to find that only five minutes had passed. He wasn't even aware of it after a while, until his wife told him how annoying it was that he was picking up his phone all the time, putting it back just to pick it up after a few minutes again. "If you go on like this, I'm going to glue it to the table", she joked goodheartedly. Dec let out a half hearted chuckle. "Sorry, pet, didn't even notice it. I won't do it again." "Better don't bet", Ali smiled and let herself sink down next to her husband. "Excited for today, hm?", she said, her voice now soft and affectionate. Dec made an agreeing noise and let his head rest on Ali's shoulder. "Very excited. It's silly though, I mean... we have even seen each other a few weeks ago!"

Chuckling softly, his wife crouched down to pick up their little daughter that came walked - or stumbled, really - on her wobbly legs over to them. "But you are still excited to see him again. I mean, honestly, aren't you always when you guys meet up?" Dec conceded this point to his wife. "I mean, this day is great in two ways", he said, more to himself than to Ali. "First, Ant and I meet up again - but we also do the recording for our audio book of our 30 year anniversary today. How amazing is that?" Ali smiled at the enthusiasm of her husband. That was one of the thousand little things she loved so much about Dec. "That is really amazing", she said but couldn't help to add teasingly: "I bet you are more excited to meet Ant than you've ever been for a date, are you?" Dec rolled his eyes and nudged Ali in the side. "You know that this is not true!", he replied and earned a laugh. "I know that it is true! But I'm okay with that." Dec felt his heart swelling with love. He couldn't bring into words how much it meant to him that Ali accepted the friendship between him and Ant like she did. He knew that she hadn't always found it easy but in the end she had understood that, if you got Dec, you got Ant as well, and sometimes she would have only the second place for Dec. She couldn't deny that that hurt sometimes, but mainly she adored the friendship between Ant and Dec - or, how she liked to call it, soulmateship - and was incredibly happy for her husband to have such an amazing guy by his side.

"I love you", Dec mumbled and shared a kiss with his wife. They lasted for a few moments and would have lasted in this intimate moment even longer if their daughter hadn't begged for attention. She started to slap her tiny but surprisingly strong hands against her parent's cheeks so they were forced to part. "Alright, little missy?", Dec said with a raised eyebrow. "Jealous, are we?" Ali and Isla started giggling in sync as Dec proceed to tickle his little daughter. And in this moment he had the strong feeling that his life couldn't get much better.

--------------------

Being a father was great. Alright, it had its unfavorable moments and aspects, but all in all, bein a father was great. That was at least the opinion of Ant McPartlin. He sat at the kitchen table and his daughter - stepdaughter, but it was pretty much the same to him - was shooting him helpless looks. "I just don't understand why I need maths!", she complained, a look on her face as if she just had found out that life had no deeper sense. "I mean, how does this shit" - she pointed down to her exercise book - "help me in any way when I'm older?" Ant did his best to surpress his laughter. Daisy was just like him in this point - he had never seen a sense in mathmatics either. His best subject at school had always been history and the other subjets had simply been... there. With an exception for mathmatics. That had been the subject he had hated the most and it had literally shocked him when he had discovered that a big part of maths was actually needed in real life. That was what he tried to explain to his daughter now, but she just didn't understand. Or maybe, she just refused to understand. And honestly, Ant couldn't really blame her.