46: thursday

It started off as a normal day, one that the students of Liberty High enjoyed because sometimes there was too much drama and all they wanted was some normality

It started off as a normal day, one that the students of Liberty High enjoyed because sometimes there was too much drama and all they wanted was some normality. However, things never work out the way that you want them to and things were about to become more dramatic than they had ever been before. Surely, in the history of Liberty High, perhaps even the entire town; nothing would ever compare to what was about to happen and the events that would occur because of it. Everyone started off the day normally, arriving on time and getting their things from their lockers as they went to their first period of the day.

Lily had a free period and decided to spend it in the library where she could get some last-minute work planned ahead of her college interview that was coming up. She had finished most of her final exams but now she had her dreaded interview to prepare for and it was causing her quite the headache as she tried to think of any questions that they could ask her and the correct answers that she would give. Some answers would be personal, she knew that they would bring up her brother because that's what happens when they look into your family background but other questions would be harder to answer. Which was why she needed to prepare for them.

When entering the library, she spotted some of her friends studying for their final exams and decided to sit with them for the hour instead of sitting by herself. Charlie and Alex were practising Spanish and on the opposite side of the table was Tony, reading from one of his own text books. She knew that sitting with them was a good idea because they were actually focusing on school, rather than talking about any of the drama that entailed recently.

She felt sorry for Alex because he had heard her rant all morning about what had happened to Zach and Clay. After their disagreement at the party, she had gone home but it seemed like he had forgotten her warning and had allowed Clay to drive the Audi. Resulting in them both being in a car crash, Clay had fled the scene and when the ambulance arrived, Zach was barely breathing. He had flown 30 foot through the air, leaving him with more damage to his knee and giving him a broken arm. Luckily, the Walker family lawyer was on hand and agreed to help Zach with the charges; Mrs Dempsey was grateful for the help but it seemed as though the gesture just angered her son even more.

"Tony, I'm sorry you have to hear this." Charlie smiled, bringing her out of her thoughts. "You could school us both."

He nodded at his friends. "Yes, but it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining."

"May I have your attention please? We are currently moving into a lockdown situation. Code Red. This is a hard lockdown." The speaker in the library broadcasted Principal Bolan's voice clear as the friends all stared at each other, nerves heightened at this announcement. "Staff, please initiate lockdown procedures immediately. Students, please do not panic and listen closely to this announcement and the instructions from your teacher. Seek immediate shelter in the nearest classroom. I repeat this is a Code Red. Hard Lockdown."

Charlie closed the text book that he was reading, knowing that he wasn't going to need it for the rest of the day. "Code Red? That's an active shooter, right?"