5 - Water Droplets

◆◆◆The Next Day◆◆◆

"(Y/N)!" Nemuri called. Your aunt knocked several times on your bedroom door. "I left breakfast on the table."

"Cool, thanks Nemuri," you shouted from the inside. 

 "I gotta run and teach some bad guys a lesson," she purred excitedly. "So I'll see you later~!"

A few seconds later and you could hear the click of her boots as she ran out the door. It was good to finally have the house to yourself.

It was the next morning and your mind was still flooded with a thousand questions over what had happened with Shinso. 

You turned over in bed, stuffing your face in your pillow as you let out a loud groan. Did you make a mistake last night? You had enjoyed the kiss that was for sure. But you didn't want your friendship with Shinso to be weird now. Then again, he didn't seem to be making much of a big deal about it.  

Now that you remembered more, he was actually pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. The two didn't flirt that much throughout the party and when it ended he just casually said goodbye and left. If Shinso acted like it was no big deal, then surely would be able to do the same. Right?

Your phone beeped on your nightstand. You picked your head up from your pillow and gazed over to see Itsukas name flash across the screen in a text message. You quickly reached to answer.

Today 12:29 PM

Itsuka: Hey! How ya feeling?

Itsuka: Just asking after last night

Your eyes widened.

You: What do you mean after last night ??

Itsuka: Well you know, the Monoma thing 😅

You breathed a sigh of relief. So thankfully you didn't make it weird when you and Shinso went back to Itsuka. You were worried the class rep would be able to pick up that something had happened between the two of you. 

You: Oh. That 🙄🙄🙄

You: Yeah I'm fine. It's no big deal really. I'm lowkey over that 

Itsuka: Good! I didn't want to tell you but he wasn't even that cute 😤

Itsuka: You deserved better 

You: LOL you're too sweet 💞

Itsuka: Of course 🧡 You wanna hang out later?

Just when you were getting to type out a response, you got another text. Your eyes almost bulged out their sockets when it turned out to be Shinso. 

Today 12:35 PM

Shinso: YEEOOO

Shinso: You up yet? 

You: Uhhhhh yeah. What do you want? 🤔

Shinso rarely ever texted you first. He barely even texted you on the weekends. It was only either to A) annoy you or B) annoy you for the homework. Another other time you would've thought he was doing just that, but after what happened last night, it didn't seem that way it all. For some reason, things felt different.

You just couldn't explain how or why. Either way you were just gonna talk to him like normal. If you kept overthinking it, then you yourself would just make the situation weird anyways.