19 - Rules

Warning: There is smut in this chapter 

You leaned against the vanity, your palms gripping the edge as you tried to calm your racing heart. Shinso leaned back in bed as nonchalant as ever. 

The two of you were really doing this. You were in his house. Alone. And in his room nonetheless.

Which was surprisingly clean actually. Shinso definitely had the minimalist aesthetic going on with how little clutter there was in his room.  

He lied down on the blue linen sheets on his bed, and had changed out of his school attire to wear a comfortable pair of sweats and a loose tee instead. 

You had been too nervous to sit with him and stood a few feet away for now. It was hard to read his face, to know what he was thinking. He hadn't pressured you to take a seat next time like any other fuckboy would have at least. 

"So," you spoke up. It had been uncomfortably quiet for too long. "What are the rules?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Rules?"

"Yeah rules," you shrugged. "If we're really just friends with benefits, then we have to have rules don't we?"

"Like?" 

"Like....are you cool if I fuck with someone else?" you asked simply. 

It was better to get this question out of the way now and avoid any misunderstandings later. He surprisingly didn't show much emotion to the question. He just cast his gaze up to the ceiling as he thought it over. 

"Would you tell me if you did anyways?"

You crossed your arms stubbornly over your chest. "Of course! I don't want to catch anything so I expect you to tell me if you screw around with someone."

"Hmmm fair point," he nodded. He sat up in bed, resting his hand on his cheek. "I say for rule number one, we should have fun. The more we take it seriously, the more complicated it gets I feel."

Doubt that but okay. 

"Okay, surrrre. Then I guess rule number two is to not get attached," you stated. More so to yourself than to him. You still had feelings for Monoma and that was something you needed to sort out on your own. "We act just like the friends we always have been."

"Just with benefits this time."

"Yes, with benefits," you reiterated with a slight nervous giggle. It still felt weird to think you were actually about to do this with him. "I know this goes without saying, but we probably shouldn't tell other people we're doing this. I don't even think I'm gonna mention it to Itsuka..."

You felt bad for potentially lying to her, but you really wanted to keep this under wraps. 

Shinso nodded understandably. "Alright. My lips are sealed princess. Any more "rules" you have?" he asked amused. "Oh maybe I should make one up? Yeah, I think I'll do that. Rule number three, is that we make time to see each other. If we're really doing this princess then I wanna get the full experience."

"So what like once a week?"

"Maybe," he shrugged. "Maybe twice. Depends on our schedules. I just don't want to feel neglected ya know?"

"You? Neglected?" you scoffed. "Since when do you have feelings." 

He got from his bed and strolled over towards you. 

Suddenly, he was right in front of you and had his palms resting on either side of you by the vanity. You nervously stumbled back, forgetting that he had essentially trapped you and left you with little room to escape.