Chapter 11

I sighed and turned back to Teddy.

"Why did you have to do that?" I asked a little angrily. He put his hands out defensively in front of him.

"Don't blame me; I was just checking. Your boyfriend's the one PMS-ing," he said quickly. I went to the puppy park and got Coco before I headed home.

"Do you want me to walk you?" Teddy asked from the table.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," I yelled back. He jogged up beside me anyway.

"At least let me walk you halfway; I'd feel more comfortable that way." We walked halfway in silence. I stopped and turned to him.

"Okay, I'll see you some other day when Denver's cooled down. Probably never, but bye," I said giving him an empty smile.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted. I guess... I'm not happy that you got pregnant," he started.

"Well thanks," I cut him off sarcastically. I started to walk off, but he caught my wrist and pulled my close to him. He had his other hand on my waist. I was a little surprised.

"Will you let me go," I said a little softer.

"You didn't let me finish," he said softly. He released my waist but kept my wrist. "I'm not happy because the last time I saw you, you were my little Leah. You were young and innocent. I was a little blown away by the news. I guess I was just trying to give your new boy toy a hard time." He smiled at the last sentence. His smiles were addicting. I couldn't help but to smile too. He released my wrist and we walked back the rest of the way. Coco ran in the house. My parents were back from the movie set. They saw Teddy and welcomed him inside. They gave me a look I knew well. They were worried about something; my guess was Denver. I sighed and went upstairs to check on Denver. He was throwing a ball against the wall. I caught the ball and looked at him. He sighed and sat up.

"Denver, he explained everything to me," I started. "He was just trying to give you a hard time because the news took him by surprise. He didn't mean anything by it. Did you really mean what you said out there?" I wanted to know if his feelings were as true as he shot them to Teddy. He nodded.

"Of course," he said. "The first thing I thought when I saw you was 'Wow. I have to know her.' I was really excited when Mrs. Jones assigned me to show you around." I smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek. He turned and his lips met mine. I laughed and stood back up again.

"Well, if you're okay now, Teddy is here, and he wants to apologize to you," I explained. His smile faded a bit but he nodded. He locked his fingers in between mine before he led me down the stairs. Teddy was in a deep conversation with my parents. I interrupted by clearing my throat. They looked up at me and smiled.

"Leana, Teddy just gave us a wonderful idea," my mom smiled at me. "Teddy says that his parents are going to be doing a TV show, but they still need a lead role. The show's actually based off of you. A girl is new to a small town. Oh, and she's pregnant. Technically, it's more about high school than anything. It's about the people she meets there and how she deals with everything. They also need your input for how you dealt with everything. You'll be an actress and co-writer."

I listened to my mom carefully. After she was done talking, I glared at Teddy.

"This was all Teddy's idea, huh?" I said trying to mask my anger. He tried to keep from laughing. I specifically told him I didn't like the lime light. Denver carefully held me. He knew I would be upset by this.

"Yeah, I'm in the show, my parents are in the show, Nicole, John, the Wheeler twins; it'll be fun," he smiled. I thought about this for a second. If I was going to co-write the script, I could make it anything I wanted it to be. I could cut myself out of every scene, or kill myself off early.

"Okay, I'll do it," I said much to everyone's amusement. Everyone looked at me stunned.

"What?" my dad asked.

"I'll do it," I smiled. "It sounds like fun." Teddy was the most surprised.

"Great, you can meet us at Studio 6 off of Rochester Ln. tomorrow morning at ten," he said still a little stunned. I smiled and enjoyed everyone's reaction. Heather walked in just in time to see their shocked faces. She looked around curiously.

"What happened?" she asked clueless. No one really turned their eyes away from me.

"Leana just accepted Teddy's TV show deal. She starts tomorrow," my dad explained. All eyes were still on me.

"Leana, are you okay?" Heather asked. She started to feel my forehead. I laughed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'm fine. I just thought, maybe I should do something like this for once," I explained. Once everyone was sure that I was going to quit after a week, they came out of their haze. Teddy smiled and gave me a daring look. I returned it happily. He was betting me. He didn't think I could last, and pretty soon, he would owe me some money. Teddy left after dinner. Denver and I went upstairs to talk in my room like we had been doing every night.

"So you're really going to do it?" Denver asked once I was curled up underneath my covers. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes. Come with me tomorrow," I said a little childishly. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"Of course, but I'm not sure if you'll wake up in time to get there," He joked. I playfully punched him in the arm. "What? You normally don't even get up till one in the afternoon." He explained. I laughed and smiled.

"Will you wake me up tomorrow please?" I asked.

"Of course," he smiled. I kissed him quickly before he turned the lights off and closed the door.

~