Chapter 28

I woke up the next morning. I was aware of Denver's steady even heartbeat against my back. He was still asleep. I twisted in his arms and pressed my ear against his chest. I listened to his heartbeat quietly. He yawned. His crystal gray eyes were on me. He smiled lightly.

"Good morning," he whispered. I smiled back.

"Good morning," I whispered back. He kissed my forehead lightly and moved to get up. I held him down tightly. He laughed at me.

"You don't want me to get up?" he asked smiling. I shook my head. He just laughed and settled back down next to me. I smiled and kissed him. Crying echoed down the halls and into my room. I sighed and stood up. I went to Adalyn's room, but Heather beat me to it. Heather was feeding her.

"I got it covered here," she smiled. "Go back to Denver." She smiled encouragingly. I thanked her and went back to my room. Denver wasn't there. I went down the hall to his room. He was getting dressed. He took his shirt off and was about to put a different one on when I wrapped my arms around his waist. I smiled when he turned in my arms. He put his hands on my waist and picked me up. I laughed and wrapped my legs around his waist. He walked until my back was against the wall. He kissed me tenderly. I impatiently made the kiss deeper. His body pushed harder against mine.

"I thought we weren't going to do this at your parent's house," he whispered against my lips. I tangled my fingers in his hair.

"I don't care," I mumbled. He pressed harder against me. I crushed my lips against his. He set me down and smiled.

"It's my turn to care," he joked. He put his shirt on and kissed my forehead. I rolled my eyes and sat patiently on his bed. I frowned as he started to look professional.

"Where are you going?" I asked. I criss-crossed my legs. He smiled back to me.

"I'm going to work," he answered. I was amused. When did Denver get a job? I shrugged and stood. I kissed him at the door and watched him leave. I went to Adalyn's room and took over playing with Adalyn for Heather. She smiled and watched me silently for a moment.

"You know, considering everything's that has happened since you got pregnant, you're a good mommy," she praised. I thanked her and changed Adalyn's diaper quickly.

"Did you know that Denver got a job?" I asked Heather.

"Yes; your mom took him job hunting while you ran away to Teddy's place," she answered. I sighed and shrugged. I smiled and picked Adalyn up. "Lyn looks just like you." Heather cooed. I smiled to Heather.

"Thank you," I answered. "Denver and I want to move back into the house in Alera. Will you come with us?" I watched Heather's face brighten.

"Of course honey," she answered. "When do you want to go?"

"Before the summer's over; I want to have my senior year at the high school; even if everyone already knows who I am. Is that okay?" I asked. I cradled Adalyn in my arms and sat in the chair across from Heather.

"Of course," she answered. "We should leave next month then. I won't mind taking care of Lyn while you go to school. Just make sure to leave me a lot of bottles for her; that girl can eat." I laughed and looked down to Adalyn's curious face. She reached up with her tiny hands and grabbed my hair. She had grown a lot since she was born. She was two and a half months now.

"As soon as possible," I agreed. "Hollywood seems to bring out the worst in people." Heather nodded in agreement. I held her up in the air and smiled.

"Mommy's baby," I smiled. I kissed her cheek. Heather wanted to hold Adalyn. I passed her over and went back to my room. I was still very tired. I crawled under my covers and quickly fell asleep.

~

I felt his soft lips against my forehead. I reached up and felt his face. I kissed him sleepily. He chuckled lightly. I opened my eyes and smiled.

"Hello," I whispered. His phone vibrated in his hand loudly. He glanced at it and then set it down on the bedside table. His face tightened around his eyes. They relaxed quickly.

"Hey, have you been asleep all day?" he asked. I sat up and nodded. He chuckled again. "I'll go make dinner tonight." He left the room without another word. I sighed and leaned back against the bed frame. His phone vibrated again. I picked it up curiously. The screen read Natasha. I answered it curiously.

"Hello?" I said. The voice on the other end was a bit shocked.

"Is this Denver?" the girl's voice asked. There was a short pause. "Oh, I must have the wrong-"

"No, this is the right number," I cut her off. I wanted to know while she was calling. I decided to try to sound like Heather. "Yes, this is Mr. Terrie's assistant; can I give him a message?" The voice on the other end laughed softly.

"Yeah, just tell him that Natasha said she had a good time the other week, and that he should call me if he wants to have some fun again." I hung up the phone and set it back down on the bedside table. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. My face heated with anger. It was probably red. The door opened after about fifteen minutes. I still hadn't cooled off yet.

"Hey, dinner's ready," Denver said. I felt his hand on my cheek. He kissed my forehead. I drew away a little. "What's wrong, Leah?" I opened my red-rimmed eyes and just stared at him in disbelief.

"Natasha called and said she had a good time. And that if you wanted to have some fun again to call her," I answered quietly. He frowned and looked down. I looked up at the ceiling and avoided his eyes. He reached for his phone, but I got to it first. I grabbed it and got out on the other side of the bed. I closed the door roughly and kept my hands pressed against the door. I heard Denver sigh. He stood and waited for me to talk. I turned on my heels quickly and faced him. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Damn it, Denver! I thought we were through with all of this crap!" I yelled. I threw the phone down on my bed hard. He sighed and waited for me to stop ranting. I stopped ranting and just asked him one question. "Why did you do it?" He looked up to me surprised.

"So now, you're questioning me?" he asked.

"Denver!" I yelled. His voice came back hard and loud.

"So I could get even with you!" he yelled. He sighed and lowered his voice. "You want to know the answer so bad, then fine. I was sick of you prancing around with Teddy like I didn't even exist. I wanted you to know what it felt like to be cheated on with someone you barely know. Leana, I have dealt with your crap for practically a year now. I just wanted to get back at you." There was a silence as I absorbed this.

"Well congratulations... you got your wish," I muttered sarcastically. I opened the door slowly. "Get out of my room." He walked out quickly and I slammed the door behind him. I crossed my arms across my chest and sat on the edge of my bed. He got what he wanted; I hope it was worth it.