Chapter 20

He smiled and shook his head.

"It's going to take more than a beating to leave, Michelson," Teddy joked. Denver put on a fake smile, but I felt him slump against me. I threw my head back in laughter. Denver was disappointed that Teddy wasn't leaving. I finally stopped laughing and saw that Heather joined us in the living room. Heather was smiling from ear to ear. She hated conflict. In my opinion, she chose the wrong family to work for. Heather set down trays of food for us. She left to give my mom her lunch as well. We were all talking about general topics when the door swung open. Dad walked in hesitantly.

"Grab your stuff and get out," I said sternly. I avoided his eyes and locked my jaw. The air was tense as he stood at the door. He finally went to his room to pack. Mom was still in there. I heard yelling and screaming. Denver, Teddy, Heather, and I rushed to the room. Mom was throwing thing at Dad. She screamed at him repeatedly. He could only block about half of the items. Finally, Heather grabbed my mom and turned her head into her. My mom broke down crying. She shook violently.

"Grab your stuff and get out," I repeated. He did just that. Before he left, he tried one more time.

"Please, you don't understand," he begged me.

"You cheated, you lied, and I have evidence. By the way, as soon as Mom says its okay, I'm giving this story to Nina," I said. I shooed him out of the door and slammed it in his face. I waited five minutes before I turned back to Teddy on the single seat again.

"Teddy, we need to go," I said. Denver looked up at us confused. I faced Denver. "I'll explain later." Teddy and I left. We got in his car and drove to his house. I sighed and covered my face with my hands. Teddy pulled me into him. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist. He kissed my forehead gingerly and sighed.

"You should probably... go back home. They already lost you once," he said softly. I shook my head and squeezed him tighter. He chuckled and brought his lips to mine. His kisses were intoxicating. I pulled away quickly as I heard the door open. The living room couldn't be seen from the door. I sat on the couch quickly. Teddy stayed standing. His parents walked in a few moments later. They were surprised to see me. I remembered briefly that according to Hollywood News, I was still missing. I smiled weakly and blushed. They both hugged me tightly, but being careful of my stomach.

"Leana, you're here!" they smiled. Teddy laughed. His mom smacked his arm. "Why didn't you tell us she was here? We could've saved the Michelson's a lot of trouble." I lowered my head and blushed even harder.

"I didn't want to be found," I said softly. Teddy reached over and kissed my forehead softly. His parents were a little confused, but they didn't question it any more.

"Well, I'm going to call your father at work and tell him we have you," Teddy's dad said. He pulled out his phone and started to dial the number. Teddy grabbed the phone and stopped it. Teddy's dad looked confused.

"Sweetie, we know you don't want to be found, but you have to tell them where you are," Teddy's mom coaxed. She rubbed my arm. I gave a feeble laugh and rolled my eyes.

"They know she's here," Teddy saved. "We went up there this morning." The memory made me tremble. My breathing quickened and I tried to slow it back down. Teddy noticed and immediately attended to me. I was embarrassed. I was being ridiculous. His parents stood there even more confused than they were when they walked in.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. After Teddy was sure that I was okay, he turned back to his parents.

"She... caught Scott having an affair with his assistant this morning. We went to her house and told Amy," he explained. They stood there stunned. "She's still not... completely sound with it." I calmed down and looked down at my stomach, embarrassed.

"I'm fine," I quickly said. It was a little rough, but I managed to stand up. Teddy put his arms out to help, but I ignored it. He laughed and got my stuff from upstairs. He walked me to my car and kissed me one last time before I drove off. I went back to the house. Mom wasn't in the living room. According to Denver, Heather was still comforting her in her bedroom. Denver watched me carefully when I sat on the couch.

"Are you tired Leah?" Denver asked. I nodded and put my head in my hands. He kissed my forehead. The action made me think of Teddy. I jumped a little. I started to shake. I suddenly felt very queasy. I felt something pop. I gasped as I realized what that pop was. My water broke. I started contracting. That couldn't be right. Denver quickly went to get Heather. She walked in and examined me.

"Her water just broke. She's going into labor," she gasped. Heater put a few blankets on me. She put a cold compress on my forehead and called the doctor. I blacked out before I knew what was going on.